Opeth - Would?

• Thread starter abyss258
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yellowv

Turd Ferguson
Contributor
Reaction score
Very cool cover. Not as good as the original, but Opeth brought their own sound to it and it was very well done.

Mattayus

Sir Groove-A-Lot
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think I'll ever be an Opeth fan, I've tried until I'm blue in the face. But I do fuckin love me some AIC :metal: nice cover indeed

Reaction score
Gave me chills just like the original. I always thought this song was amazing. Yes its simple, but everything together and the harmonies...its just perfect. I had to listen to this version 3 times in a row. This version is great too.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
i loved it, but i really wish he growled the chorus, that would have been the icing on the cake imo.

^ :agreed:

I'm not an Opeth fan, but this was good! Would? is an epic lifetime song for me. I have AIC playing it live. It's slower but still chilling as hell!

Deadtoad

Reaction score
Love it. Two of my favourite bands are AIC and Opeth, so this is especially cool.

Variant

Banned
Reaction score
That's actually pretty excellent. Mikael said that he really wasn't that interested in releasing it as it turned out too close to the original (which I agree on) but the few places where it departs are really, really great... particularly the eerie textures in the background and the tone on that solo is fucking :eek: x1000!

Kronpox

shrent? shrent.
Reaction score
I've been looking to hear this song since I heard about it, and I must say I'm pretty underwhelmed. Yeah, they nailed it, but.. it sounds like that's the problem. There's none of the grit that made the original what it was. I imagined an Opeth cover of Would? to be this epic eerie dark thing and not such a straight-up cover.

It's nice. You just can't beat AIC though!

')