Opinion on KrK 6000 studio monitor's?

Pengu

Reaction score
I am starting to get my home studio up and running and a mate offered me some KrK 6000's. They look pretty ancient, would they be still okay to use for recording? I couldn't find anything already on SS about them, so I figured I would just ask.

416249287_tp.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

newamerikangospel

Tonight.......you
Reaction score
How much does he want? If I am not mistaken, those are passive monitors, so you will need to find a poweramp that matches those (a poweramp and speaker setup is can be difficult, especially if the poweramp short-comings exacerbate the speaker's short-comings).

Pengu

Reaction score
Yep he is going to give me the poweramp for them as well. uhmm I think he was asking around 300-400 for them.

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Save your money...

The new KRKs are bad enough with their flubby and whoofy low end... the older ones are terrible. I know a couple of people with them and I just want to punch myself in the crotch everytime I listen to a mix on them.

Look at Yamaha's... far better IMHO

Pengu

Reaction score
Save your money...

The new KRKs are bad enough with their flubby and whoofy low end... the older ones are terrible. I know a couple of people with them and I just want to punch myself in the crotch everytime I listen to a mix on them.

Look at Yamaha's... far better IMHO

Haha thanks man, think i'll save my money for some hs80m's then :lol: