Opinions on EQ's?

• Thread starter raximkoron
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

raximkoron

Reaction score
I've been wanting to try some EQ's out for my rig for a while, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm looking for suggestions for what I might want to try. Rack gear is probably preferable to pedals but I won't rule anything out.

My rig is run in mono, so as far as I know, I don't need multiple channels.

6 or 10-band sounds about right, those 31-band things seem like they'd just be a giant headache that wouldn't be worth the time or cost, and I might be prone to commit homicide if someone screwed up my settings after I had them dialed in.

I've been looking at products from MXR, Boss and Maxon, and I'm looking for advice, pros and cons of gear you've use(d).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

adadglgmut

Notes from a Ghost
Reaction score
i dont know if it would be considered strictly as an eq, but the electroharmonix knockout pedal works well in front of the amp.
it subtely alters high and lows, kind of like an additional presence/depth control for your guitar, while retaining amp tone and characteristics. Im using one in front of my engl right now.
and its only 60$!

grants

Reaction score
Hey there,

I am selling a Rane Ge-14 Rackmounted 2 space EQ. Yes, it does have two channels and although I didn't run my rack in stereo, I used the two channels to EQ different guitars with different woods/pickups to get the sounds I like out of them. shoot me an e-mail at grantrobertsigafoos@yahoo.com if you're interested. I'm selling it for dirt cheap.. $150

Reaction score
i've been using mxr's 10 band eq for years, it is phenomenal... you can easily use it as a boost with the separate volume and gain sliders... best eq pedal for the money hands down. plus it's hardwire bypassed.

Reaction score
Rane PE-15. :metal: 'Nuff said. Google the specs. There's one on eBay right now. It'll probably go for around $100 or less.

')