Opinions on guitar wall hanger

armdias

Reaction score
I want to display my guitar on my living room and the store i usually buy stuff from only has these guitar wall hangers:

Hercules Guitar Stand GSP39WB

GSP39WBMain.jpg

They seem pretty cool, but this is the first time I will do this.

Do you have any experience with these? Something wrong with these? Any (better) alternatives that I may consider?

I just don't want my guitar to fall :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Pat_tct

Reaction score
you are located in europe so you should have easy access to the "thomann" online store. they have a bunch of different wall hangers.

but usually they work just fine, but personally I'm not a fan of this cause it puts all the weight on the headstock

always thought those were nice: http://www.thomann.de/de/km_16296.htm
but i never tried them.

The Q

The Engineer
Reaction score
I have the Hercules one with the wooden backplate, screwed on a plaster wall. This is the same construction minus the wooden block. It's sturdy like hell and you'll have no problem with it. Highly recommended and the auto-locking is a great feature.

wheelsdeal

Reaction score
I use these and they are the best.i have the ones with the wooden base.However the rubber is not nitro safe and it reacts with white nitro guitars.My black Gibson Explorer has no problem but i have covered the rubber with white bandage for my white Les Paul.

armdias

Reaction score
I have the Hercules one with the wooden backplate, screwed on a plaster wall. This is the same construction minus the wooden block. It's sturdy like hell and you'll have no problem with it. Highly recommended and the auto-locking is a great feature.

Thanks for the reply!

So, do you have these, right?

GSP29WBMain.jpg

Hercules Guitar Hanger GSP29WB

Do you think these with wood backplate will be more "safe", since the wall contact area is bigger?

armdias

Reaction score
I use these and they are the best.i have the ones with the wooden base.However the rubber is not nitro safe and it reacts with white nitro guitars.My black Gibson Explorer has no problem but i have covered the rubber with white bandage for my white Les Paul.

Thanks for the reply! But care to elaborate about this problem? What kind of reaction this may cause? I don't have any white neck guitar...

armdias

Reaction score
but usually they work just fine, but personally I'm not a fan of this cause it puts all the weight on the headstock

So, do you think in the long term this could possibly cause some guitar neck damage?

wheelsdeal

Reaction score
Only nitrocellulose lacquer guitars like Gibson have this problem.The nitro reacts to the rubber and turns to yellow/brown color.The wall stand i have is this.I also have hercules floor stands with same mechanism.

Hercules Guitar Stand GSP38WB

ElRay

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
We've used two of these for over a year with my daughter's guitars and have and no troubles. I like the auto lock. I'll likely get a few when I repaint my home-office.

Ray

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I have two of this exact model. I chose the metal for being more flush to the wall and for taking three wood screws instead of two.
I usually prefer an industrial look over a classy look :lol:.

Best wall-mount I've ever used, but their floor stands with the grabber are nice also because they hang off the ground enough to leave most guitars plugged in while going back and forth between other duties.
That can of course lead to forgetting to unplug actives now and then, but it's worth it.

asfeir

Reaction score
I also have the first hercules you have on the first post. It's better for electrics to have that model, I use the other for my classical guitar.

On the issue of hanging a guitar from the headstock, I am not sure at all but I tend to think it's actually very safe because that area already has a downward pressure from the strings, so hanging it should logically relieve that pressure a little tiny bit. Am I completely wrong?

4Eyes

Reaction score
I use the same hanger, mounted to brick wall with included screws. works perfectly

ybut personally I'm not a fan of this cause it puts all the weight on the headstock
guitar weights about 4kg, compared to about 50kg of tension that strings have, I wouldn't see this as problem. luthier who built my guitar said, that only harm to guitar that can be caused by wall hanger is when it drops down :lol:

newfinator

The LORD OF BYRON
Reaction score
I have ten of the metal ones and a couple of the wooden ones and have never had an issue with any of them. I generally, use the metal ones due to the extra mounting screw and the unsubstantiated assumption that the metal base would be more sturdy. Also, I have been hanging my guitars by the necks like that for well over a decade and have seen no ill effects.

armdias

Reaction score
I have ten of the metal ones and a couple of the wooden ones and have never had an issue with any of them. I generally, use the metal ones due to the extra mounting screw and the unsubstantiated assumption that the metal base would be more sturdy. Also, I have been hanging my guitars by the necks like that for well over a decade and have seen no ill effects.

Great to hear. The store near me only has these metal ones, so i guess I'll buy them :)

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
I'm also a big fan of the hercules stands and wall hangers. I have two stands and two wall hangers (both mounted on a plaster-covered brick wall). No issues at all, they work great. My RG8 Just barely fits.

I got mine off ebay I think, they were marginally cheaper than through any retailers.

These are the ones I've used, just because I thought the wood backplate looked nicer than the metal backplate.

6wWwLg7.jpg

')