Opinions/thoughts on ibanez rgd7421

tavio123

Reaction score
im looking to get my first seven string soon and the only one that catches my eye and meets what i want in a seven string for now is the ibanez RGD7421. i was just wondering if anybody that uses one could give me their opinion on it and whether its a good guitar or not. or even suggest some other affordable seven strings that anyone reccomends. thank you :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
Do a search, there's at least one good thread I can think of where the guitar is discussed.

tavio123

Reaction score
where or how do i search stuff on here? lol im brand new to the website so i still dont know how things work.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
I have the guitar u are talking about. Its a great guitar came in set up perfect no quality issues at all. I really like the guitar pups was not bad but i put green blaze pups in it with a green volume knob. Sounds thick and nasty. Its a great guitar man go for it! jmho.

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
The RGD models have 26.5 inch scale length, compared to the RG models' 25.5 inch scale. So no, the RG762x/RG742x's will not have extended scales like the RGD7421 will

tavio123

Reaction score
would i be safe, if i got the rgd, if i tuned the guitar up to drop g flat? i mean like are the strings gonna have to be changed to keep them tight if i tuned up to drop g? or would they be fine if i just tune it up? hopefully this isnt too confusing sounding.

tavio123

Reaction score
i noticed your profile thing off to the side says you have a knob mod. how did you mod the knobs?

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Put green volume knob to go with green pups on the rgd and on one rg i put white volume and tone knobs to go with white pups.

Reaction score
A couple months ago I bought an RGD7421 and it is my first 7 string. It plays great and the the build quality is awesome. The neck is really fast and thin. I didn't play it before I ordered it and I was really surprised by how good it is. The pick ups do suck though and the strings are a bit light for my liking but that can be fixed. The bridge is really nice and comfortable. The paint is a matte finish so it is quite hard to keep clean and it wears away in places where you rest your hand but that just adds some character :p It's a really good guitar man and I highly recommend it! :D

Latest posts

')