Orange amp ?

• Thread starter Dawn of the Shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Whats orange heads like? Im selling my vh4 and i want to try out orange. I want it to do any type of music. And blend well with my mark v.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Sorry for the off-topic-ness but holy shit dude, you live in Walnut Ridge? I live in Paragould! Haha! :lol:

I dunno about Orange heads other than the Tiny Terror. They have some at Backbeat in Jonesboro!
But the Orange 2x12s are definitely my favorite sounding cabs.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Rockerverb 100.

And a camera.

Joking aside, I prefer the Rocker because it's gainier and tighter than the Thunderverb. Would probably mesh better with the MKV than the Thunder series.

Reaction score
Thats a very strange question.

Orange have plenty of heads the same way that every other brand does, they are all different and they all have unique qualities that make them what they are.

I love the Rockerverbs and the Thunderverbs. Very rock style tones but somehow when you push the gain that little more it gets brutal. I want one for the studio for 80s styled riffs and songs as well as lead breaks in softer songs. They are very clear amps (especially when matched with its cab), and do metal core very well from what I have heard.

TheDepthsWillRise

Reaction score
I have a Rockerverb 50 Mk1 with 6v6s and I absolutely love it. It's a killer pre, but the power section is magical. The head as is can handle anything I throw at it, except loud cleans. I also run an e530 through the 6v6s when I need something tighter. I've also ran my Dual Rec's pre through the Rockerverb power section, and it makes my DR sound a million times better to my ears. With a decent collection of boosts/pedals, it's an insanely versatile amp for how musical it is. In all likelihood, I'm gonna sell my DR and buy an AxeFX. I only need one rig for shows and the Orange covers all my bases.

I do think a Rockerverb would mix well with a Mark V. I'd expect the openness of the Orange to complement the tightness of the V.

What makes you want to ditch the VH4?

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
^I love the vh4 but i can sell it for what i paid for it. And get a another head. And have extra cash. I leaning toward rockerverb or thunderverb. which would be the best for me. I need amp that can do everything and more like my mark v. May just get another mark v.

Latest posts

')