Orange Pedalbaby or Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 or ...

• Thread starter jwiltz2072
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Just recently picked up the PS700, I'm impressed so far. Robust, plenty of volume, works well with my AXE III and my pedalboard straight in. Not sure if this will apply to the 170 but it does get pretty warm, nothing so extreme that it's a problem but worth noting.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I've been digging around on this too. I heard the Baby Bomb is stupid loud and doesn't break up like the Magnum 44 past noon. Watched Plague Scythe Studio guy, he's running it at 9 o'clock on the volume with a 4x12 Mesa.

jwiltz2072

Reaction score
I've been digging around on this too. I heard the Baby Bomb is stupid loud and doesn't break up like the Magnum 44 past noon. Watched Plague Scythe Studio guy, he's running it at 9 o'clock on the volume with a 4x12 Mesa.
I did pick up the Baby Bomb and it is pretty loud. Doesnt sound bad with my XT Live either. But ultimately I picked up a Mesa Fifty/Fifty poweramp.

Elric

Reaction score
The Duncan stuff is probably best in class for pedalboard based power amps, IMHO. They use the acclaimed ICEpower platform and have a legit built in power supply that can deliver the actual rated power unlike a lot of SS amps which are wildly below spec in real life. The ISP Stealth is kind of compelling, too, but I have never played one.

Latest posts

')