Ordered a DC7x while drunk... oops LOL

• Thread starter terran236
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

terran236

Iridescent Noise
Reaction score

Called to change a few things. This time a little more sober lol

Joe from carvin answered.

Changed to gloss body, satin neck, matching headstock, and added Deep Triple Step stain option.

The DTS option was the one bothering me the most. I am glad the guys on the carvin forums mentioned it. Or the figuring wouldnt come out too well.

I just wonder why it isn't an option on the guitar builder.

Thankfully he said no charge for changing today. He said after today they start it and it would cost.

lol and i was thinking of waiting a week before I call.
icon_biggrin.gif

I get so nervous when I use the phone. I was telling him my concern about the options and i come off as awkward and stuttery

so Joe goes... "oookkk..."

rofl darn my social anxiety. But now that i called im glad i did.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

terran236

Iridescent Noise
Reaction score
You have my greatest respect, I do this quite often , sometimes with tragic results :lol:
I've even started to build some crazy guitars while under the influence :ugh:

Drinking just makes the world, aaaalll right :) And all decisions sound. Lol just dont get too crazy!

You dont want to wake up next to a Roter. /yikes

Was+George+Takei+botoxed+into+this+face+or+something+_d19882bcf7f37e35c5d3fc673ccbd31e.jpg

Call me a noob (or a boot in Marine lingo)- but holy fack-- I can't recall seeing stained burl before! A whole new worlllllddd

Those were my thoughts exactly, once i started seeing blackats and daemoness guitars with colored burl I started to wonder why carvin didnt do stuff like that.

To my surprise they just started doing stuff like that, Then they go and add black limba. And to top that off, they start painting white and black bindings! omfg

AKan

Reaction score
Unless you are strapped for cash, I'm sure you won't regret it. Those specs sound really nice.

I too love these colored burl tops.

DredFul

Maple fretboard enthusiast
Reaction score
Wierd that anyone hasn't said this yet so here I go:

Best drunk purchase EVER!

:lol:

Even better than the grappling hook somebody bought.

SkullCrusher

Reaction score
My drunk purchases are usually a kebab that a drop down my front or launch at someone/something

HaloHat

Baritones
Reaction score
Seattle WA. & Richfield, UT. & Valencia, Spain
I may have to send you some booze next time I place a Carvin order 'cause the spec's are awesome, until you added gloss and took away the satin lol. See what sobriety does, screws up an important part of the order haha. Still, that is going to be an incredible guitar when done :bowdown:

WiseSplinter

Reaction score
Sounds farking cool man, only thing on there that would concern me is the painted binding.
Have they released any pics of a guitar with that option? I don't think I've seen one.
Why not 'real' binding? :shrug:

Congrads though, all these awesome new options they have added since I ordered mine all those years ago (27 scale, Limba, painted/natural binding, hipshot bridge, regular routes) ... making it difficult not to order another one...

"Damn you Jeff! How do you know just what I want?!" :lol:

PS I think your guitar is going to be a beaut

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
Drunk you sounds like the kind of person I'd get along with, as well as sober, probably. xD

And drunk you has crazy good taste in guitars. Guaranteed I can't wait to see how that bad boy turns out!

SHRINEOFTHESERPENT

Reaction score

I hope i dont regret this in the morning. lol :-\

Some people are happy drunks some are angry drunks, i turn into a shopaholic as a drunk. god damnit. The options were so tempting. Blue sapphire burl, with black limba and white binding omfg, couldnt resist.

DC7X - Extended Scale Seven String Guitar
Right Handed
$ 30.00 - TB - Translucent Sapphire Blue
$ 400.00 - UM - Burled Maple Top (Limited Quantites)
$ 0.00 - CS - Satin Matte Finish
$ 200.00 - NLMB - Black Limba Neck & Body
$ 60.00 - CSN - Clear Satin Finish Back Of Neck (Natural Wood)
$ 30.00 - LMB H - Black Limba Headstock
$ 30.00 - 7PHR - 7-String Pointed Headstock Reverse 3+4
$ 30.00 - BMF - Birdseye Maple Fingerboard (Tung-Oiled)
$ 80.00 - AB - Abalone Block Inlays
$ 40.00 - STJF - Stainless Jumbo Frets .055" H .110" W
$ 0.00 - -R20 - 20in Fretboard Radius (Standard)
$ 100.00 - PBW - White Painted Body Binding
$ 30.00 - BC - Black Hardware
$ 0.00 - -A70B - A70B Bridge Pickup (Standard, Black Only)
$ 0.00 - -A70N - A70N Neck Pickup (Standard, Black Only)
$ 0.00 - -400 - Black Pickups (Standard)
$ 0.00 - WL - White Logo
$ 0.00 - -1056 - Elixir Light Gauge .010 - .056 (Standard)
$ 5.00 - IVN - Ivory Graph Tech TUSQ Nut
$ 0.00 - TCW - White Truss Rod Cover
$ 79.00 - HC28 - Black Tolex Hardshell Guitar Case

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike jones from carvin had this to say. hahaha

"Lol... Wow.
I'm sure you'll be getting a call from me as soon as this guitar comes across my desk. "

I wonder why? did i do something wrong?

The one (DC7X) I just got is a hunk of ..... Its a total turd. They set it up with the wrong strings. no biggie. I fixed that as soon as i got it. The strings buzz like crazy. Took it to my buddy ryan at east side guitars and it cost me $170 to get the frets leveled (on a brand new custom built guitar that cost me almost $1400). STILL doesn't play right. I took out the Kiesel pickups when i got it cause they sounded like .... too. I put in lace alumitone deathbuckers. Which are the most amazing metal pickup out there.. STILL sounds like ...... It has no bottom end or sustain. You can distinguish the notes in a chord. It just sound like a huge pile of dog ....., They wouldn't re-imburse me for the fret work I had to get done to it. And now have stopped retuning my emails. HORRIBLE experience. Hope you have better luck than me.. I have a $700 agile with a deathbar in it that SMOKES the carvin. Its made from the same wood configuration and it still sounds awful. IM SO BUMMED<< I have had it 4 weeks and its already on crags list..
Should have just bought another agile.. What a HUGE disappointment..

Bearitone

Reaction score
This sucks, so bad. I'm really sorry. This makes me glad I cancelled my Carvin and got a KM7 instead

terran236

Iridescent Noise
Reaction score
The one (DC7X) I just got is a hunk of ..... Its a total turd. They set it up with the wrong strings. no biggie. I fixed that as soon as i got it. The strings buzz like crazy. Took it to my buddy ryan at east side guitars and it cost me $170 to get the frets leveled (on a brand new custom built guitar that cost me almost $1400). STILL doesn't play right. I took out the Kiesel pickups when i got it cause they sounded like .... too. I put in lace alumitone deathbuckers. Which are the most amazing metal pickup out there.. STILL sounds like ...... It has no bottom end or sustain. You can distinguish the notes in a chord. It just sound like a huge pile of dog ....., They wouldn't re-imburse me for the fret work I had to get done to it. And now have stopped retuning my emails. HORRIBLE experience. Hope you have better luck than me.. I have a $700 agile with a deathbar in it that SMOKES the carvin. Its made from the same wood configuration and it still sounds awful. IM SO BUMMED<< I have had it 4 weeks and its already on crags list..

Pardon my skepticism but i have 4 carvin guitars. None of them have any of the mentioned problems. One had minor buzz but it was just a minor truss rod adjustment, since the neck moves while traveling. Other than that, they have all been perfect. Low action. Great look. And the overall feel is just so good.

IMG_0926_zps0c303c07.jpg
IMG_0924_zps32f4d9ec.jpg

If true, maybe it was just bad luck?

Promit

Reaction score
While you're entitled to your opinions, my Agile with Lace Deathbar wasn't even in the general quality ballpark of a Schecter, let alone Carvin. I kinda hated that pickup, too. And candidly, maybe your mistake was putting in the Deathbuckers because what you're saying about chords or sustain or bottom makes no sense. Particularly if you're going with a known common wood configuration (mahogany with maple neck, if I'm reading between the lines correctly).

In any case, you had a ten day return period, which is what you should've done if you were unhappy. Getting the guitar modified and then insisting they cover it is just ridiculous and unreasonable.

btbg

Reaction score

What kind of moron takes the guitar out of the box, realizes it has a multitude of setup issues and doesn't contact the manufacturer first to rectify the problem?

Assuming any of your story is true and you did get a lemon, I'd still side with Carvin on this one because you didn't give them a chance to make it right.

This is just hilarious at this point.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score

So wait... you bought a guitar from a company known for great customer service, the guitar came with a trial period, it had something wrong with it, but rather than send it back to them you paid some dude $170? This sounds highly suspect. A company should simply take your word that their QA failed spectacularly and they need to send you money? That just makes no sense. Maybe you'd have had a better experience if you'd taken more reasonable steps to address the issue.

terran236

Iridescent Noise
Reaction score
While you're entitled to your opinions, my Agile with Lace Deathbar wasn't even in the general quality ballpark of a Schecter, let alone Carvin. I kinda hated that pickup, too. And candidly, maybe your mistake was putting in the Deathbuckers because what you're saying about chords or sustain or bottom makes no sense. Particularly if you're going with a known common wood configuration (mahogany with maple neck, if I'm reading between the lines correctly).

In any case, you had a ten day return period, which is what you should've done if you were unhappy. Getting the guitar modified and then insisting they cover it is just ridiculous and unreasonable.

Not to mention, LACE buckers NEED 250k pots or they will sound quite trebly. But I agree, this story seems highly made up. Maybe Its a rival luthier lol.

btbg

Reaction score
What's even more amusing is that he cites his DC7X as his "main seven string guitar" in his profile.

Dusty Chalk

Reaction score
Wow. We had a troll on Facebook, too, wonder if it's the same dude. Some people have just too much time on their hands.

')