Ordered A USA Schecter. What should I expect?

Cheap

.....ite
Reaction score
I just ordered a USA Traditional strat thru Sweetwater and I'm curious if anyone on here has any experience with these. I know they're not the most popular, but whenever I hear about them they're compared to Tom Anderson's and Suhr's and that's a definite plus.

Also, does anyone know..Are these produced in their custom shop or..? Kind of hard to find real info on them

Nice and Seafoam Green too!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sezna

undermotivated
Contributor
Reaction score
They're really nice. Schecter's guitars lately have been getting to feel REALLY good. I know they're known for their hellraisers and whatnot, but if I were to buy a schecter today and it wasn't the KM sig, I would get one of their strats.
Also - a lot of their strat models have a very Suhr-esque headstock.

I think they're produced in the custom shop. From the Schecter website:

Schecter Guitars Custom Shop products remain to this day a distinguished line of hand crafted guitars and pickups. Combining precise CNC technology with the industries best hand painting and assembly, our USA Production guitars give ample options for built to order customization while remaining incredibly affordable.

Mattykoda

Reaction score
(Grabs intercom, clears throat) "Paging Zado for more information on USA Schecters"

Cheap

.....ite
Reaction score
Hmm very interesting! Yeah I was pretty hesitant for awhile as I'm definitely not into the hellraiser series (or about anything they put out from Korea), but Nick Johnston has been working wonders for them and showcasing how awesome their USA prod line is.

Zado

Reaction score
(Grabs intercom, clears throat) "Paging Zado for more information on USA Schecters"

balotteli-whyalwaysme1.jpg

:fawk:

Jokes aside, I'm curious to know why the OP got a USA Traditional instead of a Suhr Pro, that's unusual :D both great instruments, quite similar too, if I had to compare a Suhr strat (classics not included, never played one) and a Schecter Trad I'd say the Suhrs are made to be more refined and modern sounding, the Schecs are more Charvel-ish and stratty ime. The only complains I have with mine is that the open high E string sounds funny at times and that, as an older model, it's loaded with simple duncans and not with CS pickups, but I've grown to like he JB lately so I'm not that bothered.

Cheap

.....ite
Reaction score
Jokes aside, I'm curious to know why the OP got a USA Traditional instead of a Suhr Pro, that's unusual :D both great instruments, quite similar too, if I had to compare a Suhr strat (classics not included, never played one) and a Schecter Trad I'd say the Suhrs are made to be more refined and modern sounding, the Schecs are more Charvel-ish and stratty ime. The only complains I have with mine is that the open high E string sounds funny at times and that, as an older model, it's loaded with simple duncans and not with CS pickups, but I've grown to like he JB lately so I'm not that bothered.

I went with Schecter as I'm switching away from PRS guitars and, for whatever reason (even though specs are waay different), Suhrs feel too similar for me and that worries me enough to stay away for a little while longer.

Also I like the neck joint better on a Schecter I played at SNAMM last year and strats that have the top input jack drive me nuts. It's the little things.. AND if I end up not gelling with it, SW has a great return policy and theres 2 grand back in my G.A.S. Fund

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
I've played 3 of the recent Schecter USA guitars and they are incredible instruments. The fretwork is so good. There pickups are really good too.

They are produced in the custom shop where the Masterworks are built. They are the semi-custom production line. There is just a handful of staff judging from the FB and workshop videos.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed. The USA stuff is completely different from the import line. They're exceptional guitars, and they're very well-priced.

TheTrooper

Reaction score
Schecter always made incredible guitars.
The import/metalhead series is not my thing, but the classic and vintagy ones are awesome.

If You're not familiar with Schecter history and the guitars they made in the 1980s, You should check them out.

Latest posts