Ordering a 7-string through the mail. (Security)

• Thread starter Stench of Necropsy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stench of Necropsy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm a total n00b to ordering large items through mail-order and I'm planning to order an Ibanez RG1527. I'm getting those very normal "what if" thoughts like what if I got ripped off or the guitar got lost in the mail.
Perhaps those of you who have experience with ordering from abroad like from eBay or from some company can tell me what the most secure method of postage is and stuff, thanks. :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DBDbadreligion

Reaction score
well i ordered my RG7620 on ebay from a private seller, i just used the standars shipping method. i got it w/ no trouble.
my bro ordered a bass from musiciansfriend, UPS broke it in-transit. we called up MF and they replaced it for free so it all works out in the end.

keithb

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Are you planning to order from a large company like MF or Music123, or from a private seller?

If you're dealing with a retail company, you have nothing to worry about - they'll take care of you.

Lloyd981

Reaction score
I have roder most of my guitar from mail order had no problems. The one thing I would say is buy a case with it.

Lloyd981

Stench of Necropsy

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, guys! I'll be ordering it from a music shop. Yes, I'll get it with a hardcase for sure, thanks. So basically, it's air mail postage, registered or else I believe there's courier service, right? I'd have to ask about that at the post office, I guess.

ScareRaven

The Golden Raven
Reaction score
Stench, what color are you able to get your RG1527 in? I fucking hate royal blue... :p When I talked to a guy at a music store in the summer he said that they also came in black, but I don't see any black online? Can any arrangements be made with Ibanez for a different color (perhaps with an extra cost)?

Stench of Necropsy

Reaction score
Yes, they do come in galaxy black too. Here's the link, just in case you don't have it: http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/index.html
and http://www.ibanez.co.jp/japan/products/eg/page/RG1527_GK.html
I Googled for it and found this store in the U.S., if you're interested: http://www.goodtimesmusicstore.com/viewdetail.php?id=194

The black one looks really cool!

As for me, I own a black 6-string B.C. Rich Ironbird so I don't mind having a blue guitar. I also keep in mind that Ibanez don't offer that many colour options anyway. *shrugs*
What I'm thinking about is the body routing that will have to be done to accomodate the EMGs I plan on installing in it. :shred:

')