Ordering from Ikebe Music in Japan

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You could always email them and ask. I know they have 2 seven string Jackson Stars Kellys on there at the moment.

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
They also mention something about limited availability of Jackson guitars from now on IIRC.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
So quick question, not sure if anyone would have the answer.

There's a very good chance that I'll be stationed in Japan (probably Misawa, but also maybe Kadena or Yokota) with the air force. Would import duties still apply due to it being shipped to an APO (it's still in Japan, but... technically onto US soil....) ?

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
Probably and if you didn't get hit by import duties you would get hit by Japans sales tax anyway. What would really suck would be if you got hit by both.

Reaction score
As a potential alternative to Ikebe, I had a good experience ordering from a small shop in Tokyo named "Soundmama". They have a sales rep who's command of the English language is better than any other shop in Japan I've dealt with (which was the deciding factor for me). I can't say enough good stuff about their English speaking sales rep (Nolly) and would definitely deal with them again (and have). If the shop doesn't have what you are looking for in stock, they can usually get it in a short amount of time. Also, they accept US credit cards, PayPal, or bank wire transfer as forms of payment. Their contact info is provided below but feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions.

Nolly Hiruma
hiruma@soundmama.com

Soundmama Co., Ltdhttp://www.soundmama.com
http://www.soundmama.com
5-14-10, Kobuchi Sagamihara-shi
Kanagawa-ken Japan 229-0004

Tel: 81-42-766-9095
Fax: 81-42-766-9089

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Ikebe Gakki said:
The stock of domestic and resume the release of 40 USA-made model BCRich anniversary, but the number will be used and still less, and maple wood core material models, especially in the many of you looking for?

cool_story_bro.jpg

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
are the amounts in Yen?

FACTORY

Manufacture
Reaction score
I'm seriously looking to get me an ESP Edwards E-CY-145E from www.ikebe-gakki.com

Do they ship them with care? well protected? I live in Canada and I not sure it comes with a hard shell case so I'm a bit worried..

Any input from folks who have had a guitar shipped to North America from that site would be great!

Alder w/Black Pearloid Binding and a 3-piece Maple neck got me Gas.

sub1.jpg

sub3.jpg

I just hope she has an ESP Thin-U neck.

sub4.jpg

ESP EDWARDS E-CY-145E Specs:

BODYAlder w/Black Pearloid Binding
NECK Hard Maple 3Piece
FINGERBOARD Ebony, 24frets w/Black Pearloid Binding
RADIUS 305R
SCALE 25.5 inch (648mm)
NUT Locknut (R2/42mm)
INLAY Abalon Dot
JOINT Neck-thru-body
TUNER GOTOH SG360-07
BRIDGE Floyd Rose (FRT-3000)
PICKUPS (Front) EMG 81(Rear) EMG 81
PARTS COLOR Black Nickel
CONTROLS Master Volume, Master Tone, 3Way Lever PU Selector

Only $1,355 Canadian before shipping as of right now!

Link--> ??????web site ???? - ???

FACTORY

Manufacture
Reaction score
Another way to buy from some Japan guitar stores that wont sell internationally is thru--> www.japonicamarket.com, they Claim they can order guitars thru www.ikebe-gakki.com and many other Japan guitars stores that wont sell over seas. They basically buy it for you thru them with your money, they act as a middle man. Japonicamarket also accepts Paypal.

I thought I'd mention this since Ikebe-Gakki stopped selling all Japan market gear to customers in North America directly a few years ago, not to mention you can't use paypal with Ikebe-Gakki.

Make sure to calculate all costs before ordering from japonicamarket.

Example of potential costs: Guitar price + EMS shipping + their commission fee + paypal fees + possible customs fees.

japonicamarket can be expensive but I found them to be less expensive than japan-discoveries.com.

Really make sure to calculate all costs before ordering from japonicamarket.

FACTORY

Manufacture
Reaction score
Meestursparkle is another great option, James at Meestursparkle is very helpful, I would have no problem buying from him. If you really want something rare or that is not listed on his ebay store he can source it in Japan for you but be aware he charges a standard $350 sourcing fee for that service. James is American and speaks perfect english. Feel free to check out his active ebay items (aka Guitars and what not).

Link---> http://www.meestursparkle.com/index.html

Alcoholocaust

Reaction score
i bought an ibanez HRG7 through ishibashi music (they had had an ebay store)
It took them 4 days after payment to ship to Australia. No hard case and this thing was rediculously well wrapped and protected.

thekingmaker

Reaction score
If you have Google Chrome it can translate the whole site for you. So its possible to actually look around at the site

rfseet

Reaction score
they seem fine, and are still in business though they warn of some delays.

【ATTENTION】 Dear our international customers
Due to the huge earthquake which had hit the Tohoku and Kanto area of Japan on March 11, there is a possibility that the shipment of your order is delayed as some of the transporations are halted and there is a possibility that your orders would take some time to clear through customs here in Japan.

In addition, due to planned outage and effects of the earthquake, there is a possibility that some of our stores in the Kanto area would shorten business hours. For this reason, please be so kind to understand that it would take some certain time for us in checking availabilities or overall conditions for used items which are available at our stores in the Kanto area. We apologize for the inconvenience which may cause at your end by this and appreciate your kind understanding in the situation we are now in.

')