Orfea 10 strings from Thomann...

• Thread starter Svartmetall
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Svartmetall

Reaction score
Does anyone here have one of these, and if so are they any good? Obviously they're a very budget 10-string, but sometimes you can get decent enough instruments even in budget ranges, and I've been wondering about a multi-string classical for quite a while...
118613.jpg

Oh and hi, by the way, first post and all that :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Someone over here have one of these (Desecrated if I remember correctly)
and welcome :)

Svartmetall

Reaction score
So, basically - would you say it's worth the money? I would seriously consider getting a proper luthier-made 10- or 11-string in the future if I can get on with a 10 (I like the sound of nylon strings but find 6 strings with a 12th-fret body join extremely limiting), but I'm looking at this as a way of getting into multi-string classicals as much as anything else.

D

Desecrated

So, basically - would you say it's worth the money? I would seriously consider getting a proper luthier-made 10- or 11-string in the future if I can get on with a 10 (I like the sound of nylon strings but find 6 strings with a 12th-fret body join extremely limiting), but I'm looking at this as a way of getting into multi-string classicals as much as anything else.

Exactly my idea to, It's a great way to see if your hands fit and if nothing else it's a great right-hand training, doing finger picking and string skipping on a 10-string is hard, but once you get it down somewhat, it will feel like butter when you're doing it on a 6-string.
If you got the money there is a 11-string being sold for about 1300 GBP over at altoguitar.com. But if not, get the orfea and start out there.

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
:agreed: but has lot things from classical guitar like spacing, only scale is longer :)

')