Orgasmic NGD! (Another one.. 2 in 1 month!)

• Thread starter XeoFLCL
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
I had one of these a while back but it was in natural.. great guitar but I had to sell it due to not having a job..

Surely enough now that things are going more than smooth I had to get another.

I PRESENT TO YOU, SS.ORG, THE DOUGLAS WRL590 TBR!

... Cats first of course :)
DSCN0589edit.jpg

NOW!
DSCN0590edit.jpg

This one in particular has stupid amounts of quilting going on in the mahogany everywhere. This picture caught quite a bit of it.. I just about shat myself when I took it out. The action on it is ridiculous low, even lower than my last one. It was out of tune, and I still need to tune it, but my god this thing is awesome.

More pics!

Outdoor pics..
DSCN0596edit.jpg

DSCN0600edit.jpg

and a back picture!
DSCN0594edit.jpg

Orgasmic. :wub: Time to go play to my hearts content! (tuning comes first though of course :lol:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
So far I only have one tiny complaint..

The nut on this thing seriously blows. The locking pads jam up on it for some reason.. the trem itself is great, I had one of these before and it's essentially a schaller trem. in the end that doesn't matter though as I block all my floyds! I think I might do that now infact :lol:

testament19

Reaction score
I agree with blocking floyds!! I do the same! Guitar looks great! enjoy man!

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
I agree with blocking floyds!! I do the same! Guitar looks great! enjoy man!
Yup.. 3 of my guitars have floyd roses. each one is blocked :lol: I love how floyds feel but at the same time, I dislike the flutter and floating aspects of them..

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
see, now why can't they implement that style of neck through on their expensive 7 string models?

If a $200 guitar can have a neck-thru like that, why can't a $650 guitar? It makes no sense to me.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
see, now why can't they implement that style of neck through on their expensive 7 string models?

If a $200 guitar can have a neck-thru like that, why can't a $650 guitar? It makes no sense to me.
Don't worry, I have the same exact question..

I can tell you now though, it definitely doesn't play or sound like a 200 dollar guitar. These guys play about as well as a high end LTD and even the hardware is pretty surprising for that price (grovers+schaller-stylehigh quality floyd, 5 piece neck through, AND mahogany for 200!?), my first one surprised the hell out of me. Infact, I loved how it played soo much and missed it, that I bought another one after I had my job situation reorganized. I honestly sort of regret selling my first one.. but now I have one in an even cooler finish (red finishes are my favorite.. check my avatar :))

The neck pickup sounds great, but the bridge pickup has lots to be desired. That'll be fixed tomorrow though so no big deal. Oh and I gotta oil that fretboard.. that comes tomorrow aswell when I get my custom sets of .52~.09 elixirs in the mail, I'll prolly slap one of them on this guy and another on my 7.. maybe change the elixirs on my explorer aswell, or just use this one for lower tunings and keep the medium-light hybrid set on my explorer for now (which only makes sense after all)

zindrome

part time ninja
Reaction score
nice score
and what a nice neck heel
I agree that the sevens should have it smooth an sexy like that too
what gives?
I have a feeling theyre made at different factories??

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
Grats Will, I'm looking to reclaim another natty wrl 590 once I get a jorb.

Seriously folks, these guitars are way underpriced for the awesome they are.

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
nice score
and what a nice neck heel
I agree that the sevens should have it smooth an sexy like that too
what gives?
I have a feeling theyre made at different factories??
Yeah, they are. These are made by a korean guitar company named Shine, and is a direct copy of one of their models that kurt prolly bought for production under the Douglas brand... I heard some other familiar brand names share a factory with them.
Grats Will, I'm looking to reclaim another natty wrl 590 once I get a jorb.

Seriously folks, these guitars are way underpriced for the awesome they are.
It's true. Great guitars, great quality, and even greater price :)

More pics!
DSCN0604edit.jpg

With the VK100 :metal:

DSCN0606edit.jpg

The neck/heel
DSCN0608edit.jpg

and another neck/heel shot :)

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
How are the fret work on these?
Surprisingly great. Of both of the WRL590s I've had, neither had any dead spots or sharp fret ends, and each was capable of low action (around 1.75mm bass side 1.25~1.5mm treble side) with minimal to no buzzing.. though the first one I had, the binding was a little messy on the corner of the fretboard (looked like someone accidently nicked it with a sander, as in it was sanded about 1mm in diagonally on the edge but that might've been to smooth a sharp binding edge? unnoticeable unless you looked from about 3 inches away), but on this one the binding is perfect.

BigPhi84

Pronounced "FEE"
Reaction score
Is it about the thickness of an Ibanez S?

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
Is it about the thickness of an Ibanez S?
It's thicker. About the same as a SLSMG :)
this was $200!? I'm FORCING my other guitarist to buy this :lol:
Do it! these things are great. I wish kurt was getting back in the douglas wrl595s, the same model but with a TOM and solid color finish. emailed him and he said he's not exacting any back :(

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
I take it you love Douglas' :)
I traded my SR-370 and A LOT of goodies for my Intrepid, so I no longer am 7 twins with you:( I'm surprised that Douglas is as good as it is!

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
I take it you love Douglas' :)
I traded my SR-370 and A LOT of goodies for my Intrepid, so I no longer am 7 twins with you:( I'm surprised that Douglas is as good as it is!
Yeah, they're great guitars for the money and I haven't had a problem with one yet :D.

Also that sucks, or is great, depending how you look at it :lol: grats on the intrepid btw, I seriously want to try one of those and have been considering getting one this holiday season. tips for moving and cutting trees might make such a feat possible in a mere week :hbang:. I've been out for about 1 1/2 weeks now though, I had to get a 2 inch tumor removed from my thyroid so the money tree is now dwindling (24 dollars, to be exact :rofl:) but I'm going back next thursday :)

Latest posts

')