Ormsby TX 7 Stock Pickups Angle

• Thread starter ChugThisBoy
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
Hi pals, can anyone tell me what is the angle of the bridge pickup in Ormsby TX 7? I want to repleace it and ask Guitarmory if they could do it. Thanks :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Somewhere between 14-18. Really you should just send them your old pickups and have them rewind or buy a set of ormsby hand made pickups. They are super good.

Their wmi pickups are pretty good too. I’d do some listening before plunking down money. Unless you are going for a completely different sound the difference is gonna be a lot less then you might think.

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
Somewhere between 14-18. Really you should just send them your old pickups and have them rewind or buy a set of ormsby hand made pickups. They are super good.

Their wmi pickups are pretty good too. I’d do some listening before plunking down money. Unless you are going for a completely different sound the difference is gonna be a lot less then you might think.

I really like BKP but they said that the angle is too big for them to make, unfortunately. I want to repleace the stock ones (don't really know which model I have) for something with more output gain, like Nailbombs for ex.

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
I really like BKP but they said that the angle is too big for them to make, unfortunately. I want to repleace the stock ones (don't really know which model I have) for something with more output gain, like Nailbombs for ex.

Ormsby sells a whole line of handmade pickups that fit.

Bkp definitely won’t work.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
If you take out the pickup could BKP turn it into Nailbomb using just the bobbins and baseplate?

If you ask on the Ormsby FB group you should get an answer quickly on the angle.

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
If you take out the pickup could BKP turn it into Nailbomb using just the bobbins and baseplate?

If you ask on the Ormsby FB group you should get an answer quickly on the angle.

I think I asked it some time ago and Perry didn't gave me clear answer

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
if you want a nailbomb then buy one and swap the bkp baseplate for the ormsby one.
otherwise just buy a protractor lol