Our first live performance (video inside)

• Thread starter cataclysm_child
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
We had our first gig as a band last week and we're really happy with how it turned out. Got a lot of great feedback too :)

Anyway, video:

It was also filmed with three gopro cameras, but I haven't got the footage of that yet. I'll probably put together a complete song or two when I get it.
Unfortunately we only got the sound from the camera-mics as we couldn't for the life of us install the drivers needed for the soundcard we were going to use.

At least you won't hear how sloppy I'm playing! :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

purg3be

Reaction score
it's sounds tight from what I can hear. Ofcourse the quality is horrible :p

Love the vocals btw.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Yeah, it would had been recorded properly if we didn't have the technical problems.
We'll do it sometime later I guess :)

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
You should use the audio from the closer camera throughout the entire thing, it sounds much better there. You could also mix the two, of course. Just for the sake of clarity.

I'm loving what i'm hearing though, it sounds really clear and present! Especially considering it's 8 string guitar and what sounds like a bass tuned an octave lower (?) in a live setting. I can hear that deep gutsy growl real clear even through the muddled up camera footage.

The material itself sounds nice and fresh, but with a nice mean streak that i like!

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
I did that at first, but as the front camera was moving the sound changed, it didn't feel right with the other camera being mounted, so I decided just to use the sound of each cam.

The bass is tuned an octave lower, correct. But that bass guitar sounds ridiculously good. It should with that ridiculous price tag though!

People said it sounded good, but the guitars can be better I think. Just need to experiment a little with it. For a first gig I'm really happy with everything though :)

')