Our prayers have been answered (Some of our prayers).. [Agile Intrepid]

• Thread starter r3tr0sp3ct1v3
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sollesnes

Reaction score
I've always found that headstock so sexy. Body looks awesome as well. Hopefully it'll still be available when I get the chance to buy one. :yesway:

Only thing I didn't like with my last (and only) Agile was it being way too light. Hopefully this has got some more weight?

r3tr0sp3ct1v3

Reaction score
I've always found that headstock so sexy. Body looks awesome as well. Hopefully it'll still be available when I get the chance to buy one. :yesway:

Only thing I didn't like with my last (and only) Agile was it being way too light. Hopefully this has got some more weight?

I love the headstock too. It is like my dream headstock ^_^ I don't need anymore 7's

1 is enough for me :p But i might get an 8 string Intrepid, perhaps oceanburst :agreed: or ghostburst :hbang:

Demiurge

Reaction score
Surprised it took so long. The 6-string Intrepid came out a long time ago and just looked odd, like the body was too big. Here, it looks perfect.

Reaction score
url

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've always found that headstock so sexy.

I love the headstock too. It is like my dream headstock ^_^

Thanks, guys! I'm really happy with the way it turned out, and it seems to be one of the more popular one Kurt offers. He's definitely getting a lot of use out of it.

I thought it looked disproportionate as an 8, this is worse. The Intrepid body is copied from one of the Brice bass models, I don't know if it was scaled down or not.

After the first prototypes, i suggested to Kurt that the body be scaled down, but he didn't want to re-tool for it. It looks okay on some of the really long-scale 8s, but i agree that it's a little large for the normal-scale stuff. And it looks pretty huge on a seven.

Ewan

Reaction score
What I want is a scaled down body in ash with a bolt on neck and passive pick-ups. IMO the tone of the intrepid standard 828 is just about perfect sttraight out of the box and so comfortable, but I can't make good use of the 8th string and really long neck.

Reaction score
What I want is a scaled down body in ash with a bolt on neck and passive pick-ups. IMO the tone of the intrepid standard 828 is just about perfect sttraight out of the box and so comfortable, but I can't make good use of the 8th string and really long neck.

I thought the same, and lucky I found a custom Intrepid on ebay, can't wait till it gets here!

jon66

Contributor
Reaction score
Never cared for the Intrepid shape much myself, but glad to see a guitar company, and an ERG company at that, listening to the requests of its customers and producing what they/we want. Shapes aside, thats just damn good business!

')