Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'Computers, Electronics, IT & Gaming' started by KnightBrolaire, Dec 7, 2018.
I'm super hyped for this:
So am I and with it being Oblivion, we'll good actual RPG elements with the game as well.
that's 99% of why I'm hyped, Obsidian knows how to write damn good rpgs. Fallout New Vegas and the OG fallout are some of my all time favorite games. The other 1% is for the scene in the trailer where the character says "you know you didn't have to shoot either, right?" - I like games like New Vegas where you didn't have to play in a binary manner (ie be good/evil). New vegas was really good at playing up the gray area versus fallout 3.
If you want a couple of good isometric RPG's, including one made by Obsidian, Pillars of Eternity (I haven't played the second one) and Torment: Tides of Numenera are BOTH excellent. I absolutely love the fact that you're not meant to fight every battle if you don't want to.
I have both of those games, they're excellent. Wasteland 2 was also pretty great (not made by obsidian but had some ex-obsidian ppl work on it iirc).
One thing I was impressed with was in Torment: Tides of Numenera how in one of the first situations you're put in where you have to rescue the man from being executed, they literally give you several different ways to tackle the situation and it's not just with that one, but with a lot of the little quests in the game. I was pleasantly surprised, because you don't get that very often in video games.
yeah, that's part of why I liked it and wasteland 2 so much. Wasteland 2 did the same thing where it offered you multiple avenues of approach, at multiple points, often within the same quest.
I'm looking forward to this, although with some hesitation. Obsidian has gone through some pretty major upheaval in the past couple years, including losing a lot of its writing talent (the big one obviously being Chris Avellone, who has not been shy about criticizing Obsidian's management in the interim), so them saying it's "from the original creators of Fallout" seems a bit disingenuous. Still though, I dig the vibe.
Anyone else think this engine looks like an updated version of the Hero Engine used for Star Wars: The Old Republic?
EDIT: Reading Wikipedia, it looks like Tim Cain and Leonard Boyarsky are on team, so that's good news. Also uses the Unreal engine, apparently.
I guess this is best we can get instead of New Vegas 2 since Bethesda pretty much owns the rights for the Fallout series nowadays. Gotta see how the reviews turn out.
Yeah losing Avellone sucked. He was part of the reason isometric RPGs came back into vogue again (Planescape Torment is awesome)
I'm holding out hope that this will be at least on par with new vegas as far as story options. I'd be a happy man if they can achieve that. The dumb dialogue option cracks me up and reminds me of when I'd run 0 intelligence builds in fallout.
This game came out of no where and I couldn't be more pumped for it. New Vegas was my favorite Fallout and I like Obsidian as a developer so this is awesome
Looks to have a TONNE of potential! Im pretty excited for it
I am way too hyped for this game! Very excited to see what will come of it, but for now I'm very interested in it.