Overdrive Pedals

• Thread starter whitechapel
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

whitechapel

Reaction score
I'm looking into buying an overdrive pedal for my line 6 spider 4 75 I'm going to be upgrading to a 6505/5150 later on but I was wondering what pedal would make my current amp sound tight and heavy like the 6505 which would be better for it. A maxon od808 or a amptweaker tight drive I'm going to be playing high gain metal.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Maxon OD808 is a great overdrive, can't say I've used the AmpTweaker.

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
For the record, you should go to the store and test out overdrives with a 6505/5150 and pick based on that. The two biggest reasons for that being you want to buy something that will sounds good with the amp you will get - not the one you have - so you don't have to buy another overdrive later if you don't like it with your new amp. This is of course assuming you're getting the amp fairly soon. The other reason is that an overdrive is meant to push a tube amp, pushing the tubes into overdrive. If you're using it on a solid state amp there are no tubes to push, and it won't sound the way it should.

whitechapel

Reaction score
I am asking for more suggesions I would like to find the best possible choice

Sephael

Divine Paradøx
Contributor
Reaction score
Green Rhino is nice. I'd love to try a Tight Boost though because I can't say enough good things about the stuff James Brown makes.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
Amptweaker do good stuffs, I can't say I wouldn't want a TightDrive right now :lol:
I'd recommend the Hardwire CM-2, it's very versatile and adapt to most amp and situations (it even sounds great on its own for rock tones hehe).

')