Ozzfest 06 was better than expected...

• Thread starter Jysan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
David said:
Well, on the album, they're low as fuck, and don't really blend with the music. Live, it flowed right in with the music. I don't know if they've had their stuff badly mixed or what, they sound awesome live, and put on one hell of a show.:yesway:
On the cd the only thing I can say sounds like the vocals is like...somebody's blowing wind and growling at the same time...it has a "windy" quality.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Oh, did Townsend use the new ESP custom he got?

Jysan

Banned
Reaction score
^^ yeah he did...i take it youre talking about the satin black horizon with the carpenter pickup config? yeah it sounded great. He's a pretty odd guy. I never though canadians could rock me that hard!

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah dude that axe is so sick looking, it's fucking awesome.

Devin_Townsend.jpg

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice. If it didnt have that middle pickup, I thikn it would look 10x cooler even.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
zimbloth said:
Very nice. If it didnt have that middle pickup, I thikn it would look 10x cooler even.

:agreed:

Can anyone explain the advantage in the middle pickup as opposed to the neck pickup? I could see it brightening up the sound, but then why bother with EMGs? :lol:

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Shannon said:
He should of kept the 7-inline headstock.
You not a big fan of the cockstock? That being said...the Horizon headstock is an awesome 7-string headstock, it fits it so well, looks cool reversed too.

v_glass.jpg

As far as middle humbuckers, I like them. They're kinda creamy like the neck pickup but without all the muddiness associated with that position. They're not really like brutal like the bridge. Probably more like the neck position, but very nice.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
dude that's so wrong, put that shit away.

In the end, though...who was the one looking for pictures of dildos? Donnie :vince:

Jysan

Banned
Reaction score
I still can't get over the spirit fingers thing...what the fuck is that asswipes problem? fuck atreyu...It's bad enough having your band named after a fucking character in the neverending story...that guy needs a serious elbow planted square on his face.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Jysan said:
I still can't get over the spirit fingers thing...what the fuck is that asswipes problem? fuck atreyu...It's bad enough having your band named after a fucking character in the neverending story...that guy needs a serious elbow planted square on his face.

Hey, if Meshuggah can name an album after the main antagonist in the neverending story, why not name a band after a supporting character? :lol:

Bah, I'm all for tapping solos and whatnot, but it's better to learn the parts before recording. ;)

Jysan

Banned
Reaction score
hell yeah...they kicked my ass! I'm a huge Unearth fan, but it was cool to hear a few bands that I haven't heard much of.

bostjan said:
Bah, I'm all for tapping solos and whatnot, but it's better to learn the parts before recording. ;)

??? I meant the lead singer actually said to the crowd "gimme your spirit fingers" I almost sharted!

shadowgenesis

Yarrrrrr
Reaction score
hrmmm. ozzfest doesn't hit philly til August... So i have yet to have any idea what i'm in for. THe fact of the matter is i'm only vaguely familiar with most of the acts if at all. But i've heard a lot about a number of them, especially SYL. I just ordered an album of theirs and Townsend solo album from Amazon. I just get the impression it's gonna be something I'll like, but who knows.

Why's everyone bash on SOAD? I mean I'm all for hating on Atreyu and whatnot, but System's a real different band doing their own unique thing. Even if you don't like them, can't you at least respect the fact that they've managed to be a huge mainstream success without sounding like anything else that's popular right now? Or at least enjoy their sense of humor.
C'monnnn. They're cool dudes

so wait.
Just erm summarize which acts i absolutely must see.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
its great that SYL are getting a good response form everyone, it's just a pitty they wont be able to build on it because Dev's taking some time off soon... i could see them getting pretty massive...

also how is it we dont get Ozzfest in the UK eh? i mean c'mon... ozzy's from here, gosh durn it!

')