Ozzfest 06 was better than expected...

• Thread starter Jysan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Jysan said:
fuck atreyu...It's bad enough having your band named after a fucking character in the neverending story...

The Neverending Story = :metal:

:squint:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
the fact they made like 10 of them... Meh. :/

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
"OzzFest sucks, I'm going to SOTU."
"SOTU sucks, I'm going to Unholy Alliance."
"Unholy Alliance sucks, I'm going to OzzFest."

Man, all I'm reading in this thread is a bunch of
crying.gif

Just suck it up... and go to all 3 like me :D

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Regor said:
"OzzFest sucks, I'm going to SOTU."
"SOTU sucks, I'm going to Unholy Alliance."
"Unholy Alliance sucks, I'm going to OzzFest."

Man, all I'm reading in this thread is a bunch of
crying.gif

Just suck it up... and go to all 3 like me :D
Or you can head over to Gigantour...

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
From the September 2006 issue of Guitar World

Interview with Matt Heafy and Corey Beaulieu

GW: You guys were influenced by Dimebag Darrell. Did his death at the hands of an insane fan affect the way you think about music or the music business?

Beaulieu: It made me realize that some people take music too seriously. I hear people say, "Oh I fucking hate that band." Dude, it's just music. If you don't like it, there are a million other bands out there for you to enjoy.

I myself am guilty of this sometimes, but I thought I would just put it out this comment out there.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, I totally agree with that. Same thing goes for most stuff, like guitars and such.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
Mastodon said:
From the September 2006 issue of Guitar World

Interview with Matt Heafy and Corey Beaulieu

GW: You guys were influenced by Dimebag Darrell. Did his death at the hands of an insane fan affect the way you think about music or the music business?

Beaulieu: It made me realize that some people take music too seriously. I hear people say, "Oh I fucking hate that band." Dude, it's just music. If you don't like it, there are a million other bands out there for you to enjoy.

I myself am guilty of this sometimes, but I thought I would just put it out this comment out there.

Oh I fucking hate that band(Trivium). :lol:

Shaman

Reaction score
I just read a new interview with Devin.

He stated that now that SYL has filled the contract they had with Century Media, now is time to put SYL to rest.

He said he has no interest in making SYL material anymore and that he is fed up with touring. He said SYL has nothing more to give and it was never meant to grow into a big band. It was supposed to be a side project as far as he is concerned.

Devin felt sorry for the rest of the band, but he said his mind is made up.

He wasn't even sure about DTB...

The interview is in Finnish, so it would be worthless to post the link.

steve777

Reaction score
Ozzfest used to be pretty cool in the late 90's when you got bands like TOOL, and Fear Factory on the bill, along with some other really cool bands. Now it's just fucking gay. They will take whomever will pay for the so-called "exposure." On the main stage you have a bunch of bands that I could care less about, and on the second stage you have a bunch of gay, dime-a-dozen, mall-hopping bands that I will never care about. Seriously. You're not going to do that style of music better then Shadows Fall and Killswitch, just give it a fucking rest already! Truthfully, I would will opt to catch GiganTour, or the Unholy Alliance Tour. Mastodon owns!

With the exception of Strapping Young Lad, Lacuna Coil, and Unearth, this years Ozzfest is as craptacular as always. Definately not worth the $120 price tag for me.

*Rant off*

Jeff

Banned from Reality
Reaction score
Shaman said:
I just read a new interview with Devin.

He stated that now that SYL has filled the contract they had with Century Media, now is time to put SYL to rest.

He said he has no interest in making SYL material anymore and that he is fed up with touring. He said SYL has nothing more to give and it was never meant to grow into a big band. It was supposed to be a side project as far as he is concerned.

Devin felt sorry for the rest of the band, but he said his mind is made up.

He wasn't even sure about DTB...

The interview is in Finnish, so it would be worthless to post the link.

Oh whatever dude, like you can read Finnish. Oh wait......:lol:

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
:lol: You kill me dude.

Hopefully not literally. :eek:

:lol:

I can say: "Oh I fucking hate that band", and still listen to something else. The dude's full of shit, IMO. :lol:

Mastodon

Songs about My Cats
Reaction score
Well he wasn't questioning whether or not you can say you hate a band and still go on to listen to something else.

He was pointing out that it is totally unecessary to say I "HATE" them when you could just be like "meh not my style" and move on.

')