Padalka guitars

• Thread starter thinkpad20
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

strangers

Reaction score
Very nice choice on that quilt, I went back and forth on that one several times. I ended up putting another build in myself. I'll probably keep buying from him, even if there is a price hike. The quality on the last one was unreal.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
I know what you mean. My Neptune has really substantially dropped my desire to play all my other guitars. The only way to rotate something different seems to be getting another Padalka haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
For sure. I'm hoping he develops some new bass shapes so I can get another stingray-style thing from him. It's a little sad he's focusing on his own designs, because there's an awesome mockingbird and explorer in the custom gallery, but I get it. He has a much clearer and developed design language than most luthiers.

strangers

Reaction score
Absolutely. While it's kind of a bummer that he's killed of the MS and Moon shapes, it makes sense, since they sat outside of the styling you see with all his original body shapes. I wonder if the CS will survive. While it is probably the guitar he's made the most, it is the only one left that isn't consistent with the other designs.

On a side note, Tim Millar's MS was extremely comfortable to play, and if one ever escapes into the wild, I would definitely jump on that.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
I've been looking at various padalka builds for the past several days (I do this every month or so) and it gives me serious skill-envy. I think it's time to buy a bunch of cheap construction lumber and just practice building before I waste any more real wood on my own builds.

One day I'll buy one of these guitars. Good God they're just so beautiful.

Omzig

Reaction score
I've been looking at various padalka builds for the past several days (I do this every month or so) and it gives me serious skill-envy. I think it's time to buy a bunch of cheap construction lumber and just practice building before I waste any more real wood on my own builds.

One day I'll buy one of these guitars. Good God they're just so beautiful.

This....His work is so freaking clean its almost other-worldly! kinda makes me want to burn all my own stuff and go sweep roads lol.

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
Fuck that's amazing! Are all of the slots filled?
I’m not sure. You can email him and ask, but with time differences it could take a day or two before you get a reply. If you have a really good idea of what you want: then download the order form and fill it out as best as you can. Simon will email you and tell you straight up if he’s interested in building it, or might tell you that it’ll have to wait until this batch is wrapping up. Hell, sometimes he’ll just say “no, I’m not interested in doing that” haha. He usually gets around double the requests to openings, so he’s selective about what gets built.

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
Sweet baby Jesus. Padalka's white themed builds are amazing.

I gotta commit to a spot next year.
Yeah I love the way his fades turn out, and really wanted a transparent white guitar. He nailed the vision I had in my head. Well, except I wanted a gloss top with the back and bevels matte finished, but he said the gloss always slightly tints the color, so the gray/white fade would turn slightly yellow. I’m stoked with how the matte finish looks on here so it’s all good.

strangers

Reaction score
Looks incredible. It's really interesting to see how different the Pluto looks with a finish like that. That's a really great color/wood combo too.

He's currently searching for a figured Walnut body to use with mine. Fingers crossed that something turns up soon. I got a mock-up today with a stand in body and I couldn't be happier with it.

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
Looks incredible. It's really interesting to see how different the Pluto looks with a finish like that. That's a really great color/wood combo too.

He's currently searching for a figured Walnut body to use with mine. Fingers crossed that something turns up soon. I got a mock-up today with a stand in body and I couldn't be happier with it.
Awesome! Hopefully he can find something quickly for you. What model are you doing this time?

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score

Piiiics

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I know it's only a photoshop/mockup but if it turns out anywhere close to that that is gonna look so fucking rad. Perfect black and white. Would end up looking like one of those art piece optical illusions that makes you think your eyes are broken.

DudeManBrother

Reaction score
I know it's only a photoshop/mockup but if it turns out anywhere close to that that is gonna look so fucking rad. Perfect black and white. Would end up looking like one of those art piece optical illusions that makes you think your eyes are broken.
His mockups are incredibly accurate. It looks like he even used the quilted maple top I selected in the mockup. I’ve looked at a bunch of them, and the actual guitars are damn near spot on, but better.