Padalka guitars

• Thread starter thinkpad20
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Didn't even realize, but I've been following this guy's instagram for weeks. Just browsed through his site and his prices are pretty goddamn good. His Neptune model looks f*ckin' sick. Not sure about the scale lengths though. 25.5"-28"? That's mildly gnarly.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score
Didn't even realize, but I've been following this guy's instagram for weeks. Just browsed through his site and his prices are pretty goddamn good. His Neptune model looks f*ckin' sick. Not sure about the scale lengths though. 25.5"-28"? That's mildly gnarly.

I think that's the range he allows, not that every guitar is a 25.5"-28" multiscale :lol:

ztevie

Reaction score
You can talk to him about what scale you'd like. I'll have a scale not available in the options, but it was no problem. And no upcharge either...
I think he'll make you pretty much anything you want regarding any detail really, as long as it's not something completely crazy... Like if you want the neck thickness to be 5mm and made of rubber he might refuse? :)

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
He makes 8 string versions of that model:agreed:

THAT IT!! "Hun... pack your s#it... were moving in with your parents!"

What is that symbol? I know it from something....

Its a cross between the biohazard symbol and the holy trinity... at least from where im sitting...

Cleanest wiring I've seen....:yesway:
Those caps look like small rocket fuel tubes?

View attachment 50322

Dude... it DOESNT get cleaner than that! That's actually too clean :lol:

JuliusJahn

Luthier
Reaction score
What is that symbol? I know it from something....
Ben Crowe's head?
maxresdefault.jpg

Reaction score
I think that's the range he allows, not that every guitar is a 25.5"-28" multiscale :lol:

Derp. I'm dumb. I thought that's what it meant. haha But, that's actually interesting. These are so chill looking and he seems to have quite the eye for detail. And the guitar won't be done 'til early-mid 2017 if I take a spot for Dec... Dude, if he allows progressive payments(rather than deposit and then full payment after completion), I very well may be interested in pulling the trigger on one of these.

Edit: Just checked his site. Requires $100 deposit followed by a payment to cover materials and then final payment after completion. Balls.

vansinn

Reaction score
Love those videos in post #18; cool with a fast-paced time lapse showing the transformation and number of steps taking place.
He most certainly knows his work.. lovely :agreed:

And, like I've seen it now quite a number of times, interesting noticing just how relatively few über-expensive tools he actually does use. However, the number of cute little specialties, many seemingly of his own thinking.. ;)

Blytheryn

Musical Adam West
Reaction score
That black and white one looks incredible. He seems to have some really good ideas and designs. 100 buck deposit? That's nothing. What do his prices for a full semi custom look like?

EDIT: NVM, just found the prices on the site. Solid stuff!

J_Mac

Reaction score
Love those videos in post #18; cool with a fast-paced time lapse showing the transformation and number of steps taking place.
He most certainly knows his work.. lovely :agreed:

And, like I've seen it now quite a number of times, interesting noticing just how relatively few über-expensive tools he actually does use. However, the number of cute little specialties, many seemingly of his own thinking.. ;)

Absolutely! I was on edge when he was using that huge belt sander next to the set neck :eek: pro.

Ram150023

NutzKustoms
Reaction score
I don't care that that thing is a RAN rip off, which is an RGA rip off anyway.

It has a beaver inlayed into the freeboard. A fuc*ing BEAVER!

Thats like the most metal thing EVER! Beavers are brutal, the make dams, eat wood and have fuc*ing scary front teeth :eek:

Nothin like a good looking beaver under quick and nimble fingers :lol::rofl:

LX_T

Reaction score
I don't care that that thing is a RAN rip off, which is an RGA rip off anyway.

I'm just somewhat curious... Not to defense RAN here but could you show me a picture of a RGA body that looks EXACTLY like the Crusher (what the Padalka definitely does)?

Don't get me wrong guys - Padalka's guitars seems/looks like to be high quality and they are very good looking as well. And who doesn't like beavers... :lol:
I'm just wondering about the RGA thing.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
I get your point dude, they don't look exactly alike. But when RAN first started offering the Crusher the only widely available arched topped super strat was the RGA.

So they clearly took cues from it. Sure it may not a strict case of copying but I think you get what I'm saying.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I wouldn't even go that far with the connection between the RAN Crusher and the RGA. The RGA is an arched top super strat while the Crusher is a carved top super strat. Pretty sure all brands and guitar builders take cues from the super strat shape, the RG/RGA being among them. The Padalka one is an almost identical copy of a RAN Crusher, though, which was the first thing I noticed. The work does look really nice on these guitars still, and the Beaver is kvlt.

Latest posts

')