Padded gig bags for ERGs?

• Thread starter Kali Yuga
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kali Yuga

Reaction score
I use a Suhr padded gig bag got one of my 6s because it's comfortable, spacious, and honestly it feels safer than many hard cases I've owned. I really wish Suhr made baritone range instruments so I could get a gig bag for my RGA8. so what other companies make comparable quality gig bags? I see a few in my Musicians Friend catalog but online reviews are al over the place, and I can't get much info about internal sizing or length guitar they would fit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a Warwick RockBag for my Peavey bass (bought a hardcase instead) which was really sturdy and thoroughly padded in every aspect of the word! It also featured a little velcro strap which secured the neck in the bag.

Best gigbag I've ever owned. I recon you'd be able to get one with the proper size to accommodate your RGA8? :)

op1e

Spirit Taker
Reaction score
I was using a Gator acoustic case for my 7 a while back, had to give it back to a guy that left the band. I just put a thick pullover or small blanket in the extra space so it laid right. I would like to get one maid for regular guitar when I get my Schecter 8 if it fits the longer scale. Was nice, sides were hard, had backpack straps and pouches. Liked it better than a hard case. Check out Gator. Get one for a short scale bass if you have too. I think they're relatively cheap as well.

rogrotten

Reaction score
Check the reunion blues Continental, I have one for my bass and it is amazing! look up some videos on youtube you will be amazed

Kali Yuga

Reaction score
Those Reunion Blues Continental cases look spectacular, but unfortunately there aren't any that would fit a 27" or 28" ERG. The closest would be a bass case, which has about 47" internal length, while an Ibanez RGA8 is about 42" long. That's only 5 inches, but if I could find something that fit slightly more snug, that'd be awesome. There must be similar cases build for baritone length guitars out there somewhere.

mountainjam

Reaction score
Sorry, this probably isn't much help, but ibanez makes soft and hard cases for the rga8.

brutus627

Givah some!
Reaction score
When I had my agile I used an access bass bag. I thought that not only did the guitar fit great and seem like it was being protected by a lot of padding it didn't cost that much. Also the material used on the outside was very durable as well btw my agile was the 28.625 one. I ended up giving it to my buddy for his bass and he still uses it.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
Necrobump!

I need some input from you guys on what case I should use for my 26.5" Schecter. I have a few classes that require me to bring my guitar with me to school, and I'd like to find a gig bag with not only backpack straps, but enough storage room for my laptop and notebooks. Does such a thing exist, or should I just get a hard case and use my backpack? I commute on the bus to school, so keep that in mind too.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
I took my guitar to my local used guitar store and asked them to come up with something. Apparently the huge headstock on the Fender Strat means a lot of Strat gigbags will fit the smaller ERGs.

I've also found occasional success taking a guitar to Guitar Center and going through those bins/boxes of gigbags they have standing around.

The Reverend

GHETTO KING OF SWAG
Reaction score
I took my guitar to my local used guitar store and asked them to come up with something. Apparently the huge headstock on the Fender Strat means a lot of Strat gigbags will fit the smaller ERGs.

I've also found occasional success taking a guitar to Guitar Center and going through those bins/boxes of gigbags they have standing around.

I didn't know that, thanks for the idea. :yesway:

I may just have to get a small laptop bag. A few of my professors are okay with us recording lectures, which is useful for me since I write too slow to really take good notes, and I can then transcribe them right on my computer. I'm worried about damaging my guitar, so I think I'll just go with a hard case.

Murdstone

Sycamore Trees
Reaction score
I can jam my 30" 10 string in a Fender bag that I got with a starter Strat so so many years ago. Funny reactions when I pull it out and people are expecting a Fender.

')