Pagan's Mind appreciation thread

• Thread starter m3ta1head
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

B36arin

Reaction score
Jørn Viggo Lofstad is a god! I performed a cover of Aegean Shores last week, awesome band!

Reaction score
Love them. Got all of their albums.

Really like that tapping solo at 5:29. If you buy an album from them you can't really do anything wrong. They are all on an equally high standard. They have some really nice catchy melody lines for a prog metal act.

Another epic listen:

from their last album. damn just noticed that was 2007 - new album is overdue!!! :metal:

m3ta1head

Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't even know about God's Equation, hot damn! New album to add to the amazon wishlist :lol:

Espaul

Reaction score
God equation is a bit different, but after a few listens you will love it! :)

Good man for making a Pagan's mind thread :yesway:

If you get the chance, you should see them live too! They're awesome live :D
Last time I saw them I spoke with them for like an half hour or so :)

Nights_Blood

Fire and Brimstone
Reaction score
Jørn Viggo Lofstad is a god! I performed a cover of Aegean Shores last week, awesome band!

I love Jorn's playing as well (How the hell do you put that norwegian o?). It's like his playing has the "balls" and tapping of Eddie and the technical skills of Petrucci, or some shit like that.

etiam

Reaction score
Sensational band, outstanding live act, seriously talented, and very pleasant guys. They've demolished ProgPower USA a couple time and, from what I gathered, practically had a better response than Stratovarius when PM opened for them last year on a US tour.

I'm still getting into the new album (Enigmatic: Calling set an unachievable bar), but still think it's better than some folks gave it credit for. Altogether, one of the most distinctive groups in progressive metal and great ambassadors for Norwegian prog.

Espaul

Reaction score
Sorry for the bump,

BUT I forgot to say: when I spoke to them not so long ago they said that they are working on a new album :)

New Pagan's Mind release and new Circus Maximus realease soon. This is going to be a good year (or two) for norwegian prog :D:D

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
We played with these guys last year, and I've seen them several times. Great guys, excellent live band.

November5th

Old Shredder
Reaction score
Great band! It's nice to see them get some appreciation here.Live, they are one of the best acts out there.Very polished and professional.And Nils voice sounds even better live than on CD.Peace.

Dean

etiam

Reaction score
He does sound sensational. Again referring to Progpower, he did a Queensryche cover of 'Take Hold of the Flame' that was spot-on, and there's no denying their recorded version of 'At the Graves'. Unreal. I did a pretty sprawling interview with them last fall during the Strato tour, and they were all pretty easy-going guys. Jorn's a riot, too.

m3ta1head

Contributor
Reaction score
Cool to see fans on here. Anyone know when their next US tour is? Would love to catch them in LA.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
Serious bump for this thread.

Easily one of the best bands & definitely 1 of my favourites.
Incredible stuff!

New album this year :hbang:

getaway_fromme

Reaction score
LOVE Pagan's mind. Can't say I'm a fan of God's equation AT ALL....But now that this has popped up, maybe I'll go give it another 5 listens....

ddtonfire

Reaction score
Fantastic band! ::appreciates:: Great to hear there's a new album in the works!

Latest posts

')