Pagan's Mind appreciation thread

• Thread starter m3ta1head
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AySay

Banned
Reaction score
Their album covers strangely induce fantasies of dirty, magical, cold sex with the slutty whore wizards.
:ugh:

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
Such a talented band, definitely among the best prog bands out there. :yesway:

astaroth

Reaction score
Very underrated prog/power. every single member is very skilled, and i especially love the singing

BIGRIGG

Reaction score
Absolutely one of the best prog metal bands. Love this stuff. Their DVD package is very good if you haven't seen it yet. Tons of footage old and new.

Espaul

Reaction score
Here's a song from their upcoming album.
The player is on this site: THE METAL MADMAN - SPECIAL WEB STREAM

Unfortunately you will have to listen to 114 minutes of music(generic heavy metal) before you get to the pagan's song.

Or if you want to DL directly a friend of mine put it up on the wide web ^^
Here:https://www.yousendit.com/dl?phi_action=app%2ForchestrateDownload&rurl=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.yousendit.com%252Ftransfer.php%253Faction%253Dbatch_download%2526batch_id%253DT2pIaUNLZy81aWJ2Wmc9PQ

EDIT:

Youtube link is now out:

ArrowHead

Reaction score
Got the new album yesterday.

First, Newbury Comics had an edition with two bonus songs, fold out packaging, with a fatty booklet and a free POSTER. $12. Grab em if you can.

Second - the packaging. The cover art is the best Nils has done yet. Holy crap. The color change is a difference, but it all looks great. Tons of cool little details. The booklet is also awesome. The typical lyrics and such, but then there's a separate interview/info section on every band member. Best question - each member is asked their favorite Steinar (the bassist) story. Also, after that there is a section where Nils explains the story of each song in detail. I honestly haven't sat down and devoured an insert booklet like this in a long, long time.

As for the music? HELL FUCKING YEAH. This album was worth the wait. The first song alone, "Eyes Of Fire", sets up the album quite well.

Oh yes ... if you're looking for guitar solos? Yes, lots and lots of "what if eddie van halen hadn't become a useless lush" face ripping guitar solos. I absolutely am a born again Jorn fanboi.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:bump: :lol:

Finally picked up the new album yesterday, listening to it now, great stuff :yesway:

I confess I hadn't listened to them before this, but I'm probably going to end up picking up their catalog now.

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Just bought it 3 minutes ago! I'm on the 2nd track "Eyes of Fire" right now. Woo boy... this is a good'n

EDIT:
I confess I hadn't listened to them before this, but I'm probably going to end up picking up their catalog now.

Technomancer, that would be wise. Celestial Entrance and Enigmatic: Calling are absolutely critical must haves. God's Equation and Infinity Divine are good as well, but not quite like the aforementioned IMHO.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
This stuff is pretty good, I had avoided other links of it generally as I expect 98% to have screamo (yeah yeah, screamo is its own general not all screaming, sure thing, I know, don't care) vocal stuff going on and don't bother.

I shall need to keep listening.

arkohors

Reaction score
If you guys enjoy PM, you should check out one of Jorn Viggo's side projects: Beautiful Sin (female fronted power metal, but with some 80's style riffing)

Espaul

Reaction score
This is also one of the bands Jørn Lofstad's played in.
The "legendary" Jørn Lande ^^ Really cheesy, but a guilty pleasure!

phantasm

Reaction score
It's one of the better albums to come out so far this year. I think it even topped God's Equation.

For some reason I wasn't that excited for it, but I ended up liking it a bit more than some of the albums I was more excited for.

Espaul

Reaction score
^

I know the feeling!

I didn't like "Gods Equation" one bit when it was released, but then it grew on me and now it's awesomesauce!

')