"Pain - Follow Me" with Annette from Nightwish

• Thread starter stuh84
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, theres a turn up for the books,

Some people would say its very poppy, but I like this, its fusing a trancey/techno edge into metal, which I like. Also, Annette actually sounds like a good vocalist here, I guess Nightwish just aint her ticket :noplease:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
Anette is a good vocalist, and it would be interesting to hear her in a less cheezball musical context. I enjoy Nightwish's "Wishmaster" album, but much of the rest sounds like bad '80s soundtrack music, regardless of the vocals.

Johann

Midnight Walker
Reaction score
she actually sings in another song in the new album "Cynic Paradise", is already leaked btw;D

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
I think it is really nice and she signs well here. I hate her in Nightwish when she tries singing old Tarja's songs, cause her voice is to weak and not operal at all. I want to say that new Nightwish is ok and she signs there well, Tarja with those new songs could be so bad like Anette with old ones. Nightwish is for sure not band for her, at least till they will have so much new songs that there will be no need for her to sing old Tarja ones. But it's Nightwish problem and they want to show to all fans that Anette is great even in old material, that's imo mistake.

zilong

Reaction score
Wow, that was unexpected of Peter Tagtgren

It sounds great! And yes, Annette's voice just isn't massive enough to sing Tarja's parts, but Tarja's singing isn't an end all style either.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
I remember seeing Nightwish live with Tarja years back and really enjoying it, then I saw them with Annette this year, and it seemed so unprofessional, a mess, and I'm not joking, I was doing Tarja's vocal melodies that Annette couldn't.....

Thats what gets me, Nightwish sounded like Nightwish before, now they have nothing to separate them from the crowd of female led bands.

HOWEVER, this track has given me way more respect for Annette, it just seems that she is definitely in the wrong band, as far as I'm concerned anyway.

Hawksmoor

Wannabe Shredder
Reaction score
I've always liked the timbre of Anett'es voice. This is some very catchy written stuff. I should dig into it a bit further.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Annette just strikes me as a pop singer who's realized she's getting too old for a career in pop music, so she's seized an opportunity in metal, even though she's not really into it and really doesn't understand it.

I love the new Nightwish album, but seeing them live, she was hitting off notes all night, and her stage presence was very "pop". I still really enjoyed the show, but it definitely left me feeling like she wasn't really into it. Ah well, the keyboardist is the heart of that band, and the whole band sounded really solid otherwise. And the bassist's voice was solid and spot-on.

stuh84

The Viking himself
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Marco has one of my favourite voices around. If you like his voice, and haven't checked them out yet, try out Tarot (Marco fronts these) and Northern Kings (its a band made around 4 vocalists doing covers, but its great, Marco, Jarkko Ahola from Teräsbetoni, Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica and Juha-Pekka Leppäluoto from Charon).

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, Marco has one of my favourite voices around. If you like his voice, and haven't checked them out yet, try out Tarot (Marco fronts these) and Northern Kings (its a band made around 4 vocalists doing covers, but its great, Marco, Jarkko Ahola from Teräsbetoni, Tony Kakko from Sonata Arctica and Juha-Pekka Leppäluoto from Charon).

Will do :yesway:

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
i think Peter Tagtgren is a mastermind...I would love to someday work with him. He is one of theeee most metal guys i have ever met too..Great guy...I love "pain" i think the tunes are always catchy....

also the drummer is from IMMORTAL.....

klutvott

Reaction score
That song would fit perfectly in the eurovision song contest. And because it's "cool" to vote for the "metalsong" they would probably win.

Hawksmoor

Wannabe Shredder
Reaction score
i think Peter Tagtgren is a mastermind...I would love to someday work with him. He is one of theeee most metal guys i have ever met too..Great guy...I love "pain" i think the tunes are always catchy....

also the drummer is from IMMORTAL.....

Oh well, everything is better with some Immortal in it.

atimoc

deus ex machina
Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't even know Tägtgren had this kind of solo project. I downloaded Psalms of Extinction and ordered the CD shortly afterwards, fucking awesome music.

That said, don't kill me, but I swear the first thing I thought of when I heard the song with Anette was E-Type:

Symphonia87

Power and Symphony
Reaction score
I really like this song, I bought Cynic Paradise and Reborn by Northern Kings from Leeds HMV last week. I was really suprised with the selection in there. I kept thinking "This is heaven"!!!!!!

she actually sings in another song in the new album "Cynic Paradise", is already leaked btw;D

It's called "feed us"

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
Well I don't mind Annette in Nightwish, and I like a few Pain songs, but I really can't stand this song. It just sounds.. bad. Catchy without anything good to catch on to, I guess. Oh well, to each their own :)

')