Paint an Ibanez RG 1527 Prestige

• Thread starter v1nter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

v1nter

Reaction score
So guys i have a RG1527 Prestige with a BLK Finish = Boring Black.

Maybe some of you guys have seen the vid from Ben Eller with his fluroscent rocket red RG 7 String ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgJFPCjdMLk

Anyway i want to do the same thing to my 1527 with the blaze orange colour =
DCG-21515.JPG

Shop =
215 Day Glo Oil Based Enamel - $34.75 - at McLogan's

I only can find this as Acryl or Oil Based Brushing Paint. Are these colours existent as Lacquer etc ?
Maybe some of you guys have tried out this colours before.

I want to thank you ahead.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pwsusi

Reaction score
Shoot Ben a message, but i think you want the Oil Based Brushing Paint

BenEllerGuitars

Reaction score
Hey man!!! OKay, we used the alkyd enamel (the oil based one)... my dude did thin it out. I think he did something like 3 -4 thinned coats!

moikey

Reaction score
Another option is to use plasti-dip. You can spray it right over the guitar, and it dries to a smooth finish. No need to sand. If you get bored of it, peel it off and change to a different colour. I'm doing this soon to my Royal Blue RG1527.

mrcheapyasui

Reaction score
Hey man!!! OKay, we used the alkyd enamel (the oil based one)... my dude did thin it out. I think he did something like 3 -4 thinned coats!
Hey uncle Ben, did you use the day glo clear coat as well? Or some other type of clear coat? Thanks! I'm trying to paint my rg7621 blaze orange.

')