Paint Solution for Ibby?

• Thread starter jforsythe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jforsythe

jforsythe
Reaction score
I was recently given an Ibanez Roadstar that has a hot pink finish. It's quite disgusting. The guitar is in good condition and the neck feels great, so I want to fix it up as a backup guitar. Without spending too much money, no more than maybe $150, I would like to have this repainted. Black would be fine. I have no experience doing anything like this so it's best if I send it to someone who knows what they're doing. The only place I knew of was LGM and he's not accepting any more paint jobs. Any recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

nyck

blah!
Reaction score
>[ NO
You are NOT allowed to repaint beautiful pink to nasty bland black. Just sell the guiar and get a different one. If you defamate such a rare one of a kind color, you are deleting a special, unique, and highly desired piece of history. Please...Ibanez has millions of black guitars today, just grab one of those instead of ruining a classic.

woops

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
>[ NO
You are NOT allowed to repaint beautiful pink to nasty bland black. Just sell the guiar and get a different one. If you defamate such a rare one of a kind color, you are deleting a special, unique, and highly desired piece of history. Please...Ibanez has millions of black guitars today, just grab one of those instead of ruining a classic.

woops

+1 in all!

It's a particular guitar, and that color it's beatiful! if you don't like the color buy another guitar, if not you are loosing the originality of the guitar.

Do what you want, it's your guitar, but i vote for keep that finish.

pics?

:worth:

Ryan

Reaction score
The change from Roadstar to RG:

rstorglq5.jpg

And the RS:

rsca5.jpg

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
From awesome-to-the-fucking-max hot pink to black!? Please, do not deface a beautiful collectors item. Black guitars are a dime a dozen. There is no emoticon strong enough to express how I feel!

jforsythe

jforsythe
Reaction score
IBN01.jpg

IBN02.jpg

IBN03.jpg

IBN04.jpg

Fine, it doesn't have to be black, but there is no way that I am keeping it that color.

Mr. S

tacos?
Reaction score
i love those roadsters, didnt alan holdsworth have a sig roadster too? i seem tho remember a kickass looking green one... :wub:

but another vote here for keeping the guitar pink, you gotta love old pink guitars, they have a certain charm to them.

also on a side note that headstock would look great on a 7 string tele project :idea:

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd suggest selling it to someone who wants it in that color and buying something else, as that looks fucking awesome.

jforsythe

jforsythe
Reaction score
Sorry, I should've posted these pics as well. This Ibanez has the standard headstock.

IBN05.jpg

IBN06.jpg

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's not a bad color actually. I'd keep it the way it is. It reminds me of the Magenta Crush finish on the Ibanez 7420s which in person is a pretty cool color. If not that, i'd paint it white. :D

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
^ White (did we have a "mmmmm, sweeeet!" emot?)

Man i like that color, i say that you have to keep it.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
I actually rather like that annoying pink colour - weird coloured PUs would take you straight back to the glory days of hair metal!

If you are really thinking of getting the thing repainted, do yourself the favour of getting it in a special colour and not some boring stock stuff... I keep going back to sparkle green - yeah, sparkle green with cream coloured PUs, knobs and switch would kick hiney on that thing!

Cheers

Eske

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
I vote do what you want with it, it's your guitar. You see it everyday so do something that works best for you.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I vote do what you want with it, it's your guitar. You see it everyday so do something that works best for you.

:bowdown: You'r my new god! (after was yngwie on the parody "I'm your new god kids" :lol:)

I vote for this color:

777vdy_b-1.jpg

You know that you want it!

')