Palm mute = Too loud?

• Thread starter Ghost40
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

groovemasta

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards the fact that when you're muting you're pushing the strings a lot closer to the strings. This shouldn't happen. Either lower that pickup or don't put so much weight down. Make sure you're muting in a good location too, closer to the bridge.

But yeah, lower your bass too. :)

ah yes, the classic pushing the strings closer to the strings problem ;) haha

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Illure

TweakTweak
Reaction score
Agreed on cutting bass. I play a Triple Rec. and I have the bass almost all the way down. Those mothers have PLENTY of bass to keep you held over. What is your gain set to?

breadtruck

Reaction score
Maybe JUST EQing won't solve your issue completely but I have to agree with most others here and say that lowering the bass and increasing the mids will help you. Even if it's just a slight change, so you still retain a similar tone, but hopefully with less BOOMiness.

Also lowering the gain/drive will help if you are using a huge amount.

Ghost40

Dude
Contributor
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank everyone for the input given. A few changes I made were lowering the bass to about 9, mids are up slightly, mucked around with the pickup height, it didn't make too much difference. It was the EQing that made the most. I am pretty happy with it now. I only use a compressor on the cleans, the gain side has enough compression as is. I keep the gain at about 12 and use a boost in the GCX when I switch to that channel.

Again, thanks for the input!

welsh_7stinger

7=best number
Reaction score
Weird i don't have this issue and i have the bass on my EQ maxed out (i like it boomy)

Latest posts

')