Pantera "Walk" Match EQ For AxeFX II. Patch Included!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
Playing the clips side by side like that, seems like there's some more low end in the original.

Still sounds fantastic, though. :yesway:

nojyeloot

Reaction score
Playing the clips side by side like that, seems like there's some more low end in the original.

Still sounds fantastic, though. :yesway:

Exactly my thoughts too... not quite sure how to get that "depth", though I tried for about an hour or two. I'll keep working on it.

Thanks man ;)

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
My best guess is the difference is in post production, rather than the pre-recorded tone.

*edit* That was my 5,000th post! :woot:

Creech

Reaction score
I think the reason why it sounds less bassy is because you're tuned a few cents sharper than he is....and there's some neck slap sound in his...tone in the fingers..

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
Also... don't forget...

his tone is like...

Guitar... pedals... amp + cable signal degradation

Into

Microphones -> junction box -> console preamps -> Converters/Tape machine

There is probably something in there that could have been adding the bass end

walshy0420

Reaction score
Yeah, VDOP would have been recorded to tape so there's some natural compression and warmth added there. I'd just add a little low end and you'll be pretty much there. It's amazing what you can pull off with an Axe FX. Shit, I need one badly but they're so damn expensive!

nojyeloot

Reaction score
KingAenarion & walshy0420

Good points and advice.

I actually did play with the low end on the gEQ and Bogner tone-stack a lot, but there's the "nasal warmth" and "thump" (forgive my description) in the tone that was beyond my knowledge on how to replicate.

The cool thing is, is that you don't "need" an AxeFX to do this. You can do it all with free VSTs (LePou) or even a POD (or the like). So many possibilites :)