Parallel and split wiring

SickEddy

Reaction score
Hi.
This is my first ever post here so hello to everyone!
I am trying to wire a new guitar (NGD will be posted very soon)
It will have two dimarzio humbuckers. I am trying to find a way of having the 5 way switch do this:
Bridge series
Bridge parallel
Bridge and neck both series
Neck parallel
Neck series
But also have a pushpull tone pot to split the coils so when it is pulled it does this:
Bridge inside coil
Bridge outside coil
Bridge and neck inside coils
Neck outside coil
Neck inside coil
Is this possible atall? I am not too worried if when pulled out the positions 2 and 4 do not work or are still inside coils so the same as positions 1 and 5 (but would rather they were the same, makes them pointless but atleast if I accidentally put it in that position there is still sound but the guitar will not be used live) . I can only have one pushpull in the guitar and I have a standard 5way and I also have a dimarzio ep1112.
Thank you very much in advance for you replies and help,
Eddy

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SickEddy

Reaction score
By the way I have diagrams for the first setup already, I'm just not sure about the pushpull part of it and not all of the parts are here yet for me to play around and experiment.
Thanks

InfinityCollision

Reaction score
Should be possible; you'll need a 4PDT push-pull instead of the usual DPDT. I can make a schematic later if needed.

SickEddy

Reaction score
Thanks. Is there no way I could do it with a standard push/pull? If I linked the negatives for both outer coils to it would that not cut them when pulled out giving me singles in position 1, 2, 4 and 5 and both inner coils in position 3?
Thanks for you help