Paris 2024 Olympics

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
ngl I am hyped for archery/sport climbing and tkd.

I am also morbidly curious to see how the swimming events go given how disgusting the Seine is.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score

slippityslaps

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hoping to see Lasha dominate heavyweight weightlifting again, and see how Simone Biles competes.
Also hoping Gojira plays that one song that apparently got banned in China (they won't).

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
What was the symbolism of the kids in the boat with the faceless specter rowing? River Styx? Big fans of Chris Deburgh? Some French traditional thing I am not privy to as a stoopit amerrycan?

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
What was the symbolism of the kids in the boat with the faceless specter rowing? River Styx? Big fans of Chris Deburgh? Some French traditional thing I am not privy to as a stoopit amerrycan?
I think it's the Phantom of the Opera. The music was playing and there is a scene with with him on a boat. But he is missing the traditional mask.

Also, FUCK yeah to Gojira's performance with a bunch of decapitated Marie Antoinettes :lol:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, I'm pretty sure that figure carrying the torch is a sort of amalgamation of a bunch of French characters and themes. Looks like the Phantom, but also fit in nicely with Les Miserables, and is good at parkour :lol: reminds me of an Assassin's Creed game as well

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
Also, I'm pretty sure that figure carrying the torch is a sort of amalgamation of a bunch of French characters and themes. Looks like the Phantom, but also fit in nicely with Les Miserables, and is good at parkour :lol: reminds me of an Assassin's Creed game as well

Assassins Creed immediately came to my mind as well when the parkour started

Latest posts

')