Paris 2024 Olympics

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Asdrael

Green and Blue stuff.
Reaction score
If anyone has a link to the performance of Gojira that doesn't have a couple of shitheads "commenting" the ceremony I'll take it.

Probably the most epic backdrop they could have imagine. I was not expecting this, but it's really great that they could use la Conciergerie.

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've watched this like 5 times now:

Weird. Link doesn't work.

Search Youtube "Opening ceremony celebrates liberty with mix of Les Misérables and rock opera" on

crushingpetal

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I think the song is "Ah! Ca ira!" which translates to XXXX

Nope. I think I'm wrong about the translation. Let's let the experts weigh in.

Last edited:

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
Seems I was right, as well as everyone else :lol: this article seems to be kind of a copy paste across multiple outlets:

Screenshot_20240726_232932_Chrome.jpg

I'm also proud that, for once, I'm familiar with all of those characters and get all the references. :lol:

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Seems I was right, as well as everyone else :lol: this article seems to be kind of a copy paste across multiple outlets:

View attachment 147533

I'm also proud that, for once, I'm familiar with all of those characters and get all the references. :lol:
Ah yes, the famously French video game protagonist Ezio Auditore da Firenze.

Shit posting aside, still quite cool.

But also fuck yeah, tennis has started and will run until next weekend I think. Even though Swiatek is my countrywoman and is likely to sweep the women's tournament, I always root for the underdog so hope to see some others getting medals.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Alright just watched the Gojira performance and that ripped. Love that those guys are getting a such attention as they are, even if the last couple albums have been a bit lukewarm for me (I still think they sound better live than on those recordings). Also agreed that Joe's jassmaster is hawt.

')