Parker *Dragon*Fly 7 Strings are coming, supposedly at NAMM in Jan!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisLetchford

Reaction score
Did a search, saw nothing about this.

Just wanted to let you guys know that they are going to be debuting a Parker 7 string this year at NAMM, technically next year you get it... the first year I have told myself I didn't care to go to haha, poor decision now.

There are details on the Parker Forum, which I joined just to give my 2 cents on. They are working on a Parker style bridge and I think are only going to make a first run of 10... which is ridiculous. Those will be gone super fast.

Anyways... they are planning on using the newer Dragon Fly model, which I think is not the greatest idea as it doesn't have the traditional Parker construction, look and feel. Hoping its one of the original Fly models, like the classic, mojo, select, etc...

Thought you guys would like to know.

Parker 7 String Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Fuck, I really wish they weren't using the Dragon Fly, but hopefully if that sells well enough, they'll have the incentive to make REAL Fly 7s.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Sells well? Not with the inevitable $15,000 price tag.

Parkers really aren't amazingly expensive considering what goes into them, and the Dragon Fly is much more affordable than the full-on Fly models. I would hope they'd have the foresight to tag the 7 at a price not drastically higher than the 6-string models, in which case it would probably be roughly the same price as a Music Man BFR JP.

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
If the price isn't too stupid on this, I might have to say bye to a few guitars in order to attain maximum win.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Dragonfly 7? Parker, why you no make real Fly 7???

network1.jpg

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
I don't intend to be whiney here, but I'm growing increasingly frustrated by companies who seem to think that they can address endless requests for a specific product by producing something other than the product which was requested. I mean, did anyone ask for a 7 string Dragonfly?

It's a really vicious cycle, because nobody ends up buying the product (which nobody asked for), and then the company uses that lack of sales to justify not making the product people actually asked for.

We ask for Fender, they give us Squire. We ask for Gibson, they give us Epiphone. We ask for PRS, they give us SE. On, and on, and on.

It makes me a sad panda. :(

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Awesome. I won't be able to afford it especially if this rumoured PRS 7 is coming out next year, but it's good Parker are finally catering to 7 string players.

espman

Is beardless....
Reaction score
:holy: I never thought I'd live to see this day, real fly or not, I'm still going to get one (assuming the price isn't insane )

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
I probably should've read the first post before getting too excited. Hopefully these will sell well.. I've never tried a Dragonfly.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
If the price isn't bad and I get a job, I'll buy it, even if it is a Dragon Fly. The Dragon Flies are still pretty cool, granted, not a Fly, but still good guitars.

It'll be a hard decision between this and the PRS if both are true, as high sales of both are likely to make the company reconsider sevens. Plus there's the Townsend sig, so many choices...

EDIT-OT, but since when has Anand Bhatt been anybody that really matters?
http://www.parkerguitars.com/Feature-Artists/anand-bhatt.html

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
]got excited then saw "Dragonfly" LOLOL , I don't consider those Parkers. massive facepalm. Do they even have piezo's?

I actually dont mind the body shape but everything else is "meh", and they pretty much take out the features that make Parkers unique.

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
got excited then saw "Dragonfly" LOLOL , I don't consider those Parkers. massive faceplam. Do they even have piezo's?

I actually dont mind the body shape but everything else is "meh", and they pretty much take out the features that make Parkers unique.

The only difference between them and Flies, besides the body, is the wood and that they're bolt-ons. They still have the same trem, piezos, and SS frets, three of the big things that, in my opinion, make Parkers at a whole other level than other guitars.

I just realised that the EBMM JPs are essentially Dragonflys with a different body. :lol:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I don't feel like looking for my account info for the old Parker forum, maybe you should link them to THIS thread and let them know they're making a huge mistake. If they don't want it to be a flop:

1) Give us the SAME tremolo used on the standard Parker Fly

and

2) Dragonfly shape? SERIOUSLY?! Use the standard Fly body, doing otherwise is a major mistake.

Latest posts

')