Parker *Dragon*Fly 7 Strings are coming, supposedly at NAMM in Jan!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Only the ones with frets. I was always pretty sure Parker won't make a custom guitar that hasn't had frets installed. Anyone heard of any Parker custom shop fretless guitars?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

OrsusMetal

In brightest day...
Reaction score
Take a look at the fret access on an ESP Ninja - seems impossible to play the upper frets, right? Not so - I had one and every fret was accessible without discomfort.

That said, this Parker is amazing. I thought we'd be getting a cheap 7 string without the carbon fiber, but I'm very pleased. The neck is all covered in the carbon, or is it just the fretboard?

The whole back of the guitar is covered in carbon fiber. The headstock as well.

This looks amazing! I wonder if my store still has them on order.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lately though it seems as these companies are getting pretty greedy, the idea behind a large company putting out hundreds/thousands/hundreds of thousands of guitars is that you can reduce the price per guitar....but if they can gauge people then all the more power to them.

How much do you think it costs to make a guitar in the developed world these days?

Ask a builder to make this exact guitar and I can guarantee you it'll be more than the ~$3.5k this is going to cost, and it's going to take a good while to deliver. This isn't your run of the mill super strat.

The bridges need to be custom machined. You can't just buy epoxy fretboards from LMII. Introducing carbon fiber wrapping is something that only a very small cross section of luthiers can do.

Now, after making the guitar, you have to sell it to a distributor and dealer, both of whom slap some mark-up on the price.

Adam Of Angels

The GAS Man
Reaction score
How much do you think it costs to make a guitar in the developed world these days?

Ask a builder to make this exact guitar and I can guarantee you it'll be more than the ~$3.5k this is going to cost, and it's going to take a good while to deliver. This isn't your run of the mill super strat.

The bridges need to be custom machined. You can't just buy epoxy fretboards from LMII. Introducing carbon fiber wrapping is something that only a very small cross section of luthiers can do.

Now, after making the guitar, you have to sell it to a distributor and dealer, both of whom slap some mark-up on the price.

Isn't this supposed to cost well above that mark?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Isn't this supposed to cost well above that mark?

It's listed at ~3200 GBP on Thomann. Though, based on the pricing of guitars in the EU compared to the United States, it'll likely street for closer to $3500 over here in the States. Give or take a few hundred dollars of course.

In comparison an Ibanez JEM7V goes for ~2000 GBP on Thomann, while in the US they can be had quite easily for $2600 USD. A more similar comparison would be the Parker Adrian Belew which is ~5500 GBP on Thomann, and in the US you can get them for $6500 USD.

The thing is, no one knows for sure what these are going to cost in North America. I can promise though, it's not going to be for the $5k people are complaining about.

musikizlife

TCM Softhands
Reaction score
Parker really outdid themselves! Completely bashed my expectations.
Now to wait to see if i'll be set to own one when they hit the market... most likely not.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
This gives me serious GAS! It's pretty hard to accept that I won't have the mouney for another 3-4 years. :(

Reaction score
OMG! I want this thing so badly. A part of me wants to buy a cheaper 7, like a JP7 or something, but I could keep saving and eventually afford this.

So beautiful.

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
Tymon just posted a link containing this photo in another thread, but I saw this and thought you'd enjoy it in here. Supa dupa hi-res

USM-DFMV7GG.jpg

Hi Res: http://www.usmusiccorp.com/files/parker/images/USM-DFMV7GG.jpg

USM-DFMV7GG_BS1.jpg

Hi Res: http://www.usmusiccorp.com/files/parker/images/USM-DFMV7GG_BS1.jpg

USM-DFMV7GG_BS2.jpg

Hi Res: http://www.usmusiccorp.com/files/parker/images/USM-DFMV7GG_BS2.jpg

USM-DFMV7GG_Headstock.jpg

Hi Res: http://www.usmusiccorp.com/files/parker/images/USM-DFMV7GG_Headstock.jpg

And a bonus shot in black

USM-DFMV7PB.jpg

Hi Res: http://www.usmusiccorp.com/files/parker/images/USM-DFMV7PB.jpg

Sunlit Omega

Chaos Engineer
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmmm. I've really started to warm up to Parker especially since I loved the Fly Mojo that my good friend from high school has. But, damn if that price doesn't discourage me, I may just end up buying a BFR JP7 if we're talking that much. I can only hope the price might be a little lower. :flame:

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
anybody noticed the shopped piezo knob on the grey hires pic? :lol:

troyguitar

Reaction score
Man, this thing vs the Vigier is a tough choice. I was originally thinking JP7 vs Vigier because of the piezo option but the Parker has supplanted the EBMM on my list. If only Parker were doing an interesting color option :wallbash:

')