Parker *Dragon*Fly 7 Strings are coming, supposedly at NAMM in Jan!

• Thread starter ChrisLetchford
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

troyguitar

Reaction score
White would have been nice, and you know what I meant. People asked for a Fly 7. No changes, just add the extra string. Fly's come in blue, purple, yellow, orange, trans finishes, natural, etc. This is not exactly what people wanted. Anyone claiming otherwise is full of shit.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
White would have been nice, and you know what I meant. People asked for a Fly 7. No changes, just add the extra string. Fly's come in blue, purple, yellow, orange, trans finishes, natural, etc. This is not exactly what people wanted. Anyone claiming otherwise is full of shit.

While I feel where you're coming from, these are brand new. It's been said many times on here that with brand new products there are risks involved and perhaps they didn't want to go all out just yet.

Perhaps the 7s won't sell as well. If SS.org is your world it would seem they'd sell like hotcakes, but again, this site is called SEVENSTRING.org. We're not exactly representatives for the overall guitar playing population... :2c:

IronGoliath

Reaction score
Best thread ever. I saw the dusty black parker 7 string and died inside because I know I would have to sell my soul to buy one let alone play one or try one.

ods

Reaction score
just found out cmc guitars is right around the corner from my house so ill get top play these and one of the chris broderick sig jacksons when they come in

7stringDemon

Reaction score
I never begged for one of these since I knew I'd never afford one so you know what? I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the future NGD threads of this and say to myself "in ten years, I will be able to afford one of these used". :yesway:

troyguitar

Reaction score
I can't control how people on the internet react when they can't afford something. :lol:

Who said anything about not being able to afford it? That has nothing to do with whether the price is worth it to me. If this was exactly what I wanted, I would buy 2. It's not (and it's not what ANYONE asked for as far as I know, show me one thread with people asking for a dragonfly 7...) so I'm not willing to pay exhorbitant custom prices for it. How is that unreasonable? Parker compromised in their offering, which compromises how much I'm willing to pay for it. How is that so difficult to understand?

Parker is not unique in this insanity, look at Jackson. People ask for years for an SL2H-7 and what do they get? A funky shaped Broderick with a 12" straight radius that costs $1300 more than an SL2H and only comes in 3 colors :lol:

I want these companies to succeed, but not enough to pay top dollar for something that is kind of similar to what I want in the hopes that they might make what I actually want in a few years...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Who said anything about not being able to afford it? That has nothing to do with whether the price is worth it to me. If this was exactly what I wanted, I would buy 2. It's not (and it's not what ANYONE asked for as far as I know, show me one thread with people asking for a dragonfly 7...) so I'm not willing to pay exhorbitant custom prices for it. How is that unreasonable? Parker compromised in their offering, which compromises how much I'm willing to pay for it. How is that so difficult to understand?

Parker is not unique in this insanity, look at Jackson. People ask for years for an SL2H-7 and what do they get? A funky shaped Broderick with a 12" straight radius that costs $1300 more than an SL2H and only comes in 3 colors :lol:

I want these companies to succeed, but not enough to pay top dollar for something that is kind of similar to what I want in the hopes that they might make what I actually want in a few years...

I was talking about the M8M thread, but okay crazy. :lol:

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Bumping this old thread. Apologies if it's buried in 9 pages of people arguing over the specs:

Is there a release date for these? My curiosity is starting to get the better of me...

cardinal

Reaction score
One would think they'd do a better job of counting the number of frets if they really have them. :lol:

Yeah, I contacted them last week because the website claims that they can beat the MAP price that's listed. No word back from them. Not promising. Hopefully these will actually exist, but they are a bit pricey and I'm not sure how I feel about being locked into Duncan Distortions (though I assume Duncan's custom shop, for a price, can rewind those pickups to be a different model).

cardinal

Reaction score
I tracked down a Mojo which think has the same basic construction as these. It was a nice guitar, but I wasn't crazy about it. Whether it's worth the price depends on what you think of the features (piezos, nonlocking trem with an adjustable stop, stainless frets, composite board, etc.). Most of those features are lost on me, and the feel of it wasn't for me, but I can see how to the right person, this could be their Holy Grail and would be worth it.

')