Part 2 of 3 in my EBMM journey. Limited Edition goodness!

• Thread starter BlackWinds10
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
So awhile ago, I posted an NGD for an unloaded JP6 and said that I had another JP on the way. Well she got here about a week ago and I wasn't sure if I'd like her as I was underwhelmed with the JP6, after having her this time I'm still in love with her and she definitely blew away my expectations. The guitar I'm talking about, is a JP12-7 with a rosewood neck. Pron first, then story and details of part 3 of this journey.

PicsArt_1397005921995_zpsk6dkexv9.jpg

PicsArt_1396475219796_zpsrzzr5tac.jpg

PicsArt_1396475349963_zpsy2jt1drc.jpg

PicsArt_1397005964698_zpsdyk8nzsw.jpg

PicsArt_1397005843936_zpsikkmahiy.jpg

And one pic with the JP6 before I sold her (hope you enjoy it Nathan!)
PicsArt_1396482998520_zps3v9dpmlr.jpg

Now onto the story.
I was originally told this guitar would be ready by valentines day, the guitar kept getting pushed back and pushed back, and by the middle of March, I wasn't getting any contact from my dealer. I had to contact EBMM to get a status on the guitar, and they shortly after shipped it to my dealer who then shipped it to me. While the guitar being delayed wasn't me dealers fault, he threw in a crap ton of case candies to make up for it (4 packs of strings including 2 sets of cobalts, and EBMM hat and a 20-30 or so pack of EBMM guitar polish packs). When I got the guitar, I wasn't sure if I'd like it so much because I was underwhelmed with my JP6. Well when I picked her up and plugged her in, she blew me away and I knew I was going to keep onto her. In fact, I loved her so much I sold off the JP6 and am in the process of selling my old RG7620 so I can fund another limited edition EBMM, an EBMM JP12-6 in Emerald Green that I just purchased today from guitar center that will be here shortly from one of the regional stores.

Anyways, thanks for reading and looking at my thread and stay tuned for part 3 in this series of EBMM NGD's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score
Wow she looks gorgeous!
Sucks that you had to wait extra long, but at least you got a few bonuses and an amazing guitar out of it!!

Why don't you like your JP6?

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
Wow she looks gorgeous!
Sucks that you had to wait extra long, but at least you got a few bonuses and an amazing guitar out of it!!

Why don't you like your JP6?

Couldn't gel with it, didn't like the body style as much as the BFR, felt like a toy since it was so small. That's when I decided I wanted another BFR instead.

JLocrian

Reaction score
I'm glad you ended up liking it dude! The grain of the rosewood looks killer! :hbang:

Les

Curl of the Burl
Reaction score
Hmm, i didn't realize there was that big of a difference between the Standard and the Anniversary/BFR models. I see it now, thanks to the SxS photo. Congrats and happy NGD!

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Picking up the JP12-6 Emerald Green so expect an NGD for that soon!

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
Nice guit-fiddle!

Hopefully I can delve into the world of rosewood necks and BFRs, right now I have an unloaded JP7 that I love and I caught the bug, with me GAS'ing hard for another one, but thankfully funds don't allow it :lol:

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score
The JP12-6 PDN Emerald Green NGD is now up guys!
Nice guit-fiddle!

Hopefully I can delve into the world of rosewood necks and BFRs, right now I have an unloaded JP7 that I love and I caught the bug, with me GAS'ing hard for another one, but thankfully funds don't allow it :lol:
Try to snag one when you can man, the feel AND look awesome.

lettmusic

Reaction score
Couldn't gel with it, didn't like the body style as much as the BFR, felt like a toy since it was so small. That's when I decided I wanted another BFR instead.

I love my JP6, but at first I couldn't get used to the smaller feel of it either. took awhile.
How do you like the JP12 7 neck radius? They're really flat? like 16"?

Forror

Reaction score
I love my JP6, but at first I couldn't get used to the smaller feel of it either. took awhile.

Flat as a pancake. 20"

edit: Happy NGD, blackwinds!

BlackWinds10

Kick em in the nuts!
Reaction score

As Forror said, they're 20" radius, stupid flat, and the neck profile is even thinner than a standard JP. The body is also thicker, larger, and sharper. When comparing this to my JP12-6 PDN, the neck feels EVEN thinner because this doesn't have a finish on it's neck.

lettmusic

Reaction score
As Forror said, they're 20" radius, stupid flat, and the neck profile is even thinner than a standard JP. The body is also thicker, larger, and sharper. When comparing this to my JP12-6 PDN, the neck feels EVEN thinner because this doesn't have a finish on it's neck.

Holy shit, that's flat. That's like a thin classical guitar neck.

Latest posts

')