Passive 8 string pickups and compatibility

Eddyhijono

Reaction score
I'm hoping to get an ESP LTD H-208 and was wondering on people' thoughts on the pickups. I'd be surprised if the stocks weren't shit. I hear good things about d activator 8's though. Compatible?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
As you're new here, you probably haven't read all those topics where people start out with, "I'm gonna buy this guitar, and I'm going to immediately replace the stock pickups. What should I get?"

Given that everyone's tastes are different, I could tell you that a given set of pickups are great, or that they suck, and you would still only know that the pickups, in that guitar and with my signal chain *and* my playing style, gave me those results.

My suggestion is to actually try out what's in the guitar first, before making plans.

Purely my own opinion, of course. It's not my cash being spent.

Whatever you decide to do, good luck!

vansinn

Reaction score
A good way to search in google:
Code:
site:sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/ 8-string pickup passive

Replace the search keywords as needed, and/or the specific section you wish to search in (like extended-range-guitars).

GazPots

Is A Complete Idiot.
Reaction score
A good way to search in google:
Code:
site:sevenstring.org/forum/extended-range-guitars/ 8-string pickup passive

Replace the search keywords as needed, and/or the specific section you wish to search in (like extended-range-guitars).

Even I never used google to that effect and I'm an internet veteran. :lol:

Must learn to use this method! :yesway:

')