(Past)NGD MIJ RG7421

• Thread starter weirdoku
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

weirdoku

Reaction score
I've actually had this for a few weeks but only finished the mods etc a few days ago. I got it off eBay and it wasn't in the best condition but overall it was okay.

Here are the (pretty much) finished photos, sorry for the indoor photos, will update when this British weather behaves. Only thing I have to do left is fix the bottom strap button area that got damaged in transit. But I rarely play standing up so it's not a priority right now.

The nazgul/sentient pickups sounds beast, I'll record a shitty guitar only clip later with my shitty JamUp/BIAS tone haha. The neck feels awesome, very thin indeed.

I completely stripped it and rebuilt it with new electronics and tuners. I filled the existing tuner mount holes with Luminlay just cos it glows in the dark :lol:

Overall I love this thing, glad I manage to find one. Definitely a keeper.

Some WIP photos here.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vilk

Very Regular
Reaction score
The truss cover and pups take a very very boring nondescript guitar and make it totally interesting!

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Cool idea with the lumilay. I was thinking of swapping my 99' RG7421s stock tuners for hipshots but didn't want to see the holes hah.

Fierce_Swe

Reaction score
Cool! I've recently got one as well and it feels awesome! Are the SD pups standard in white or are they ordered from the custom shop?
Btw, I will go green. Green knobs and green Dimarzio Illuminators and maybe and black/green swirl! :)

weirdoku

Reaction score
How much better are the hipshots over the stock tuners?

To be honest the standard tuners are pretty good, I still have the same set (without grover stamped in the back) in my 6 string and they've been great. I mainly got the Hipshot ones cos they look awesome with the tulips buttons and open gear design. But they are very smooth and no play in the buttons rotation. I like them so much I have the locking version on another 7 string of mine. Would definitely recommend them if you're in the market for some new tuners.

Cool! I've recently got one as well and it feels awesome! Are the SD pups standard in white or are they ordered from the custom shop?
Btw, I will go green. Green knobs and green Dimarzio Illuminators and maybe and black/green swirl! :)

Yeah man, awesome guitars! The nazgul/sentient pups are standard in black, I believe mine were from the customer shop the seller ordered from.

Latest posts

')