Pat Metheny - Orchestrion

• Thread starter kung_fu
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score

What do you guys think?
I was a little hesitant to pick this up at first, as i thought the accompaniment might sound stale/robotic. However, i was pleasantly surprised when i actually went for it and picked it up. The dynamics are actually pretty incredible it almost sounds like he's actually playing with the Pat Metheny Group.

There's also a series of vids (7 total) of Pat addressing questions about the project.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
very odd.. I thought it would be just almost like a guitarpro(midi) file, giving the machines a set of commands and just playing thru a big network system.. but its all hooked up to his guitar/footpedals.. almost like a massive MIDI setup.

Pretty crazy. Does he tour with this setup? that'd be cool lol.

Shep1

Reaction score
I was blown away when I first heard the album, then even more blown away once I seen how it was done! He was playing in London the other week, the price of tickets were absolutely ridiculous and apparently the rig broke down half way through the show and he had to play a solo set for the remainder of the night!

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
Pat Metheny was in Vienna, Austria 2 or 3 weeks ago, touring this very set up.

a collegue of mine went to see him and was blown away. He also added that he has got camera everywhere so people can see what he does and there are giant TV screen to look at.

apparently it is quite an experience

jjjsssxxx

Reaction score
this shit is crazy.
i heard he will be touring the states with this soon and i would love to see it but im sure it will be hella expensive.
this is one of those things that people talk about doing..."wouldn't it be cool if..."
now he's actually done it.

')