Paul Gray (Slipknot bass player) found dead

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
OD'd with a family on the way?

I feel for his wife but I can't be too sympathetic about someone who abuses substances in that situation - sorry if that rankles.

:agreed: You can't help but feel more sorry for the people around him, especially his family. Just imagine what the kids mom is going to have to tell them about their dad. So sad.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Antimatter

Reaction score
Don't do drugs kids.

I really feel sorry for his family, and I agree with the people here, he really should have thought more of other people at least long enough to get his child out of preschool. I honestly can't say this was "shocking", or "untimely" or something, because he chose to start abusing substances, and now all the people he knows are worse off for it.

IAMLORDVADER

progressive insanity
Reaction score
R.I.P Paul Gray, hopefully this will be the catalyst for slipknot to end before they completly turn into corey's solo thing/stone sour. Pray for mick to release the stuff him and paul have been writing, blatantly amazing.

dont get me wrong their one of my favorite bands and have been for the last 10 years, but i think corey and james are shitting on their own doorstep so to speak,
If they do stay together i hope they bring back their ferocity(witch is evident on parts of all hope is gone) and leave the stone sour shit alone.

dantel666

Reaction score
UGGG

I probably wouldn't even be playing guitar if it wasnt for slipknot.

this sucks so bad man...

RIP Paul you will be missed

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
This is terrible, dude...I grew up with Slipknot's music, and "Iowa" is a masterpiece, IMO. If it was indeed drugs, though, I can't really feel too sorry for him. I'm a lot more sorry for his wife and unborn child...that's just a crying shame.

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
I probably wouldn't even be playing guitar if it wasnt for slipknot.

this sucks so bad man...

RIP Paul you will be missed

:agreed: Slipknot opened the door of Heavy Metal to me, before then I wasn't really into heavy stuff

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
what a waste. I am not surprised at all. There have been reports of this guys for years being caught with drugs etc...

he had a family and a child on the way and he chose drugs over them and himself.

dantel666

Reaction score
:agreed: Slipknot opened the door of Heavy Metal to me, before then I wasn't really into heavy stuff

:agreed: same here dude

back in '99 i was like 6 and my dads friend went to ozzfest and brought back a cd with some of there stuff on it and since then ive been a fan.

my life would drastically differ from now if it wasnt for them

Raoul Duke

This is bat country
Reaction score
:agreed: same here dude

back in '99 i was like 6 and my dads friend went to ozzfest and brought back a cd with some of there stuff on it and since then ive been a fan.

my life would drastically differ from now if it wasnt for them

Yeah I remember being 14 (Im old :lol:) in '99 hearing "Wait and Bleed" on the radio late at night, going out the next day and buying the album. Was blown away, still one of my fav albums :hbang:

Glad I got to see them live again on their last tour of Australia :agreed:

dantel666

Reaction score
Yeah I remember being 14 (Im old :lol:) in '99 hearing "Wait and Bleed" on the radio late at night, going out the next day and buying the album. Was blown away, still one of my fav albums :hbang:

Glad I got to see them live again on their last tour of Australia :agreed:

ya i bought it like 3 times cause it kept getting stolen :mad:

wish i couldve seen them the last time they were in seattle, but mayhem fest was a great show.
:hbang:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Very sad news. :(

Just got a response from a friend that "if you stick your head in the lion's jaws one day they'll close." Everyone knew he was a loose cannon to begin with. Deep sympathies for his family.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
From what I've read, He's been clean for a few years now. My guess is he had a re-lapse and accidentally od'ed.

As for the band, I can see them getting a new bass player. With the band's popularity as it stands, they'd be foolish not to.

ALLEGAEON

Reaction score
I dont understand crying over the death of someone you didnt know.
I guess him dying is "sad" but really? Crying?

I cried when dimebag died and i will most definitely cry after the last episode of the office. Im kind of sensitive

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
From what I've read, He's been clean for a few years now. My guess is he had a re-lapse and accidentally od'ed.

this is what i had heard too, my dad got me the slipknot biography when i was becoming disenchanted with metal (he didn't know he just got it for 50p from some place) and after reading it i fell back in love with the genre, so i have the book to thank ironically for being still into metal...

-One-

Not So Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Is God just in it to kill metal this year?

RIP Paul, it's a shame that you chose drugs over your family, but your music will live on, even though you have died.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I dont understand crying over the death of someone you didnt know.
I guess him dying is "sad" but really? Crying?

I cried when Peter Steele died, I cried when Dio died, I cried when Layne Staley died... am I stupid? Not really, I loved those guys. Even if you don't know a person, their body of work might really be touching and it's very sad when you know they're gone.

tr0n

djent n00b
Reaction score
I agree that it is terrible to leave a widow and fatherless child, and regardless of that there is no excuse for substance abuse (rhyme not intended). Maybe there was some heavy trauma in him that drove him to drugs in the first place. I feel sorry for him that drugs and alcohol may have been his only escape from whatever that was. As has been said, he paid the ultimate price, hopefully people in similar situations will wake up to the seriousness of these dependencies.

Praying that his family adapts to life without him. Must be heartbreaking. Terrible shame.

')