Paul Gray (Slipknot bass player) found dead

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dan

Reaction score
Wow that press conference was humbling. Whilst i dont condone what he did i know addiction of any kind is a hard thing to throw without a shit ton of willpower. Some people just dont have it sometimes.

That being said, its at least good to know that the unborn child will be well looked after. I think we already knew that the Slipknot crew was a tight bunch, and though his daughter has lost a father, shes still going to have more than enough father figures in her life.

Its always sad to see a talented musician pass away.

MikeH

Bring the gain
Reaction score
That got me a little choked up. Always sad to see a musician go, but when you see how hard it affects the people he was around, it really puts it into perspective for you.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
That got me a little choked up. Always sad to see a musician go, but when you see how hard it affects the people he was around, it really puts it into perspective for you.

Yeah :( The fact Mick couldn't say anything actually said alot, and seeing them like that was humbling and upsetting.

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
^ Yeah man
I had some tears in my eyes after watching that :(

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
just been on the ibanez website, wow i don't want them to do a dean on him, but theres no mention of his death that i can find on the site at all...

Marv Attaxx

Reaction score
It happend just a few days ago.
Give 'em some time and we'll see if they'll discontinue his bass

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score

i was expecting some kind of splash page on the site in tribute or something tbh its a big company shit like that should take mere hours...

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
I know this is kind of unrelated, and, not to sound like a total noob, but I only know who Corey and Joey are without masks.

Just out of curiosity. Since I have never seen the other guys without masks before and I just saw the press conference. could someone explain to me who is who?

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Ibanez did mention Paul on their twitter page.

ah ok i stand corrected

it goes in the conference, corey, shawn, sid, mick and jim who refuse to speak, chris, craig refuses to speak (on chris' left in the hat), pauls brother, pauls wife, then joey

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Perhaps they're waiting to get some fan, family, and band feedback before doing something as rash as immediately halting the bass's production.

Perhaps they'll let it run for the rest of the year, in a form of tribute. Either way, the bass is more than likely gone after the next NAMM/line change.

I wouldn't be opposed to them keeping it around till this Summer NAMM.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
I know this is kind of unrelated, and, not to sound like a total noob, but I only know who Corey and Joey are without masks.

Just out of curiosity. Since I have never seen the other guys without masks before and I just saw the press conference. could someone explain to me who is who?

If you google them you should find pics of each member :) They've all been seen without masks a few times.

Autopsy report has not come up with a cause of death btw, maybe it wasn't drugs? Might've had a heart condition or something that wasn't known about.

13point9

Now with Less Hair!
Reaction score
Autopsy report has not come up with a cause of death btw, maybe it wasn't drugs? Might've had a heart condition or something that wasn't known about.

no cause of death pending on a tox report which can take up to six weeks...

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
It is being reported that a hypodermic needle and pills were found in the hotel room so we'll see.

')