Paying Import Duty Tax

• Thread starter mrblue
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mrblue

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hello,
I recently picked up a used 7-string Solar guitar and I really like it. So much so that I'm considering buying a 6-string with a Floyd Rose, from Solar.

My question is: Can anyone please tell me about their experience having a Solar guitar shipped to the USA? Was paying the import duty a real hassle? How does that work?

Thanks!

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
It's free under $800, by the way, if that helps. Not sure what Solrs run. It's usually just a quick bill you get through the mail or tracking email with the relevant percentage.

TheInvisibleHand

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Its super easy. Youll get a bill from UPS or fedex about a month later.

HungryGuitarStudent

Reaction score
This^^ All shipping companies offer brokerage services that automatically handle the paperwork at the border. They then send you the bill.

FrznTek

Reaction score
Import duty/tax is dependent on ware it's coming from and ware it's going. (I think Solar ships out of Spain.)
For example: anything under $2k from Australia to USA has no fees. However when I ordered about $1k of stuff from Thomann(Germany), I had to pay like $28.

')