Peavey 5150/6505 in a box pedals?

• Thread starter Deadpool_25
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jclogston

Reaction score
There are ZERO effects on the Preamp Live. One of the major differences between the Mooer GE-200 & GE-300 are some effects and there are close to double the number of amps on the 300 than there are the 200. The main reason why I got the Preamp Live is because it has the amps of the GE-300 (which costs over $1,000 CDN) and I really didn't need the effects.
All the Preamp Live has is 12 drive pedals, 104 amps, both pre and post noise gates, an ir loader with about 12 slots for 3rd party irs and a switchable series/parallel fx loop. It is pretty bare bones but it also has literally every one of the micro pre amp pedals in it in addition to a bunch that SHOULD be made into micro pedals.
So yeah, if it's just amp sims you're after, then this IS the one to get for sure.

I wonder how it compares against the atomic amplifire?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
You guys make me want to try one of the Amptweaker pedals but damn...I really hate the way they look lol. Might try it out though, maybe I can put it in a different housing or something.

Bearitone

Reaction score
You guys make me want to try one of the Amptweaker pedals but damn...I really hate the way they look lol. Might try it out though, maybe I can put it in a different housing or something.
You can order a custom one with any color scheme you want.

MASS DEFECT

SS.ORG Infiltrator
Reaction score
...I really hate the way they look lol.

I get what you mean. They are not classy looking. BUT...they are one of the most badass and sturdy looking pedals around! They look like they can take a beating (which they do) and have a very functional design.

They can even double as a weapon since they have heft and weight.

0rimus

Reaction score
I briefly owned a Tightmetal Bass Jr and didn't really jive with it because:

A: The bass versions are revoiced for bass, and since I play baritone, I guess I should've stuck with the guitar version

B: It was the junior, I should've went standard or pro for more eq

C: Also should've gotten the presence/resonance mod installed

But I have to agree with the above. Out of the almost hundreds of guitar pedals I've owned or used over the years, that Amptweaker was literally THE best in terms of build quality. Fucking phenomenal pedal...

Need a Fat metal pro with the built in depthfinder mod something fierce

Deadpool_25

Gearwhore no more? Nope. Still a gearwhore. :(
Reaction score
You can order a custom one with any color scheme you want.

Well, it's not really the color, more so the shape. I don't like the looks of the Thorpy stuff either. But being able to order a custom color does help a little. Hm. Maybe...

Necky379

Reaction score
I really wonder what those VH-140c settings are that Mark and James used. I’ve got a VH140c preamp and IMO it sounds nothing like my 5150. Maybe I’m doing it wrong.

Rex

Reaction score
My tightmetal jr works better with the eq pedal. My gear was stolen and I had been working in a pedal amp setup and now this is my principal setup. I agree with the "not so good" noise gate and I'm using my decimator. I'm really happy with my sound, in spite the circumstances and I think I won't get another amp

Attachments

• IMG-20191016-WA0007.jpeg
    IMG-20191016-WA0007.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 26

Shask

Reaction score
My tightmetal jr works better with the eq pedal. My gear was stolen and I had been working in a pedal amp setup and now this is my principal setup. I agree with the "not so good" noise gate and I'm using my decimator. I'm really happy with my sound, in spite the circumstances and I think I won't get another amp
Behringer FX600. Hmmm. Weird I have never heard of this before. Curious.....

Rex

Reaction score
Behringer FX600. Hmmm. Weird I have never heard of this before. Curious.....
It's a humble pedal, I'm using the delay only for solos , it doesn't sound bad, as I said before my amp, guitar and cab were stolen, i can't spend money and I was looking for a pedal setup with the ehx Magnum and all pedals that I already have at home and finally they bring me a great solution sounding reasonably well.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
At first glance it reminded me of the Ibanez DML10 I had back in the 80's. It's a Modulation/Delay pedal that would completely drain a 9v battery inside of a few hours. The Behringer though, has a phaser, pitch shift & tremolo that this one doesn't. Essentially, with the Ibanez, the 1st 2 modes are chorus/flanger settings and the other 2 are echo/delay settings.

9544a3cb66dc30df9c3ef152729dc55d.png

oneblackened

Tube Amp Dork
Reaction score
Tightmetal Pro is absolutely the closest to a "5150 in a box". The KSR Ceres does also sound excellent, but different.

Last edited:

Spinedriver

Reaction score

I thought about getting one off & on for years. The issue is that a new Pro here in Canada is over $400 & The Depth Finder mod is an extra $75 on top of that. Granted, there are a few nice tweakable parameters on it but it's still quite a bit of coin for a single distortion pedal. With the Preamp Live that I got, there are over 100 different amp sims to choose from in addition to a dozen or so boost/drive pedals and dual noise gates (pre and post amp). All that for $485 taxes and shipping included.

kleinenenten

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Dunn DE1984/Redeemer. It's a straight up 5150 pre.
How’s it actually sound? I’ve been thinking about one of those for a while, but there are almost no videos. I have and love my TM Pro, but always curious.

')