Peavey 6505 footswitch

• Thread starter Mongolianbbq
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mongolianbbq

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I somehow managed to lose the footswitch for my 6505, so im on the market for a new. For some reason i can't find any original footswitch shipping to my country, so i've been looking at the Boss FS-6. It has 2 switches A & B, obviously stepping on "A" will switch between the lead and rhythm, but will "B" turn my effect loop on and off?

Anyone tried this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KailM

Reaction score
The "b" switch toggles the crunch button on or off which kind of makes it like a 3-channel amp. Im not aware of a way to switch the loop on or off, unfortunately.

Lokasenna

Reaction score
Assuming you're using a 6505 head and not the combo version, one switch will change channels and the other will switch your effects loop. See page 11 here: http://assets.peavey.com/literature/manuals/00575660.pdf

Just make sure you set the FS6's latching/momentary option to whichever the original pedal was. I forget, but it'll be obvious if you've got it wrong because the switching won't behave properly. :)

')