Peavey discontinued Ultra series amps?

• Thread starter ProphetOfHatred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

slapnutz

Reaction score
Im still hoping they would re-embrace their Solid State work and release a true successor to the XXL.:yesway:

They were making some really good ground in the advancement of SS amps. Enough with the Vypyr Blah but then again I'm guessing thats where the profit is these days.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WarMachine

Reaction score
:scratch:

Peavey%2B5150%2BHead.jpg

576-big-peavey-5150-et-6505-meme-combat.jpg
:lol: Maybe he's referring to the EQ settings? :scratch: :lol: i kid, i kid :wavey:

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
:lol: Maybe he's referring to the EQ settings? :scratch: :lol: i kid, i kid :wavey:

I honestly don't think I've ever tried an amp with everything set to 0, but I'm betting it sounds terrible like that :lol:
I do remember someone on here posting that they kind of did that with their Recto's clean channel while running the channel master up higher, and then they'd barely bump a couple of the knobs up where needed.:scratch:

JeffTD

Reaction score
They've been re-branding that same basic amp since it was called the Ultra and the logo changed colors with the channels - I'm sure it'll be back.

sefloval

Reaction score
Yeah great, how uncreative can we be here, like lets call our amp the 512, or maybe blink 182, or 213.666 :lol:.

I know you and most people already know this....but just in case some don't the 5150 does have significance to it's name. 5150 is Ed's studio. When Ed bailed, they couldn't use the name but wanted to keep it similar...so 6505 for 40 years of Peavey.

Some of the other model names like 3120? I'll just take a guess at 3 channels & 120 watts.

I rocked an old early 80's Peavey head for a long time. Wish I would have kept it :wallbash:

vick1000

Reaction score
I know you and most people already know this....but just in case some don't the 5150 does have significance to it's name. 5150 is Ed's studio. When Ed bailed, they couldn't use the name but wanted to keep it similar...so 6505 for 40 years of Peavey.

Some of the other model names like 3120? I'll just take a guess at 3 channels & 120 watts.

I rocked an old early 80's Peavey head for a long time. Wish I would have kept it :wallbash:

EVH got it from the universal police radio code for a mentally disturbed individual.

sefloval

Reaction score
EVH got it from the universal police radio code for a mentally disturbed individual.

Good catch! :wavey: I should have put that in there. I work in a downtown area where 5150's are running up and down the streets every day. Most of them don't bother you, but some are a little....well....:nuts:

vick1000

Reaction score
Good catch! :wavey: I should have put that in there. I work in a downtown area where 5150's are running up and down the streets every day. Most of them don't bother you, but some are a little....well....:nuts:

Everyone has a little 5150 in them :)

Sepultorture

Murder Machine
Reaction score
i actually never cared for that back piece that holds the logo and model names on, just took it out and went with the straight up front grill looking into the amp

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Just throwing out there... The amps are back on the website. They claimed there was a "communication error" and now they're relisted.

tylerpond05

Mormon Metalhead
Reaction score
Im still hoping they would re-embrace their Solid State work and release a true successor to the XXL.:yesway:

They were making some really good ground in the advancement of SS amps. Enough with the Vypyr Blah but then again I'm guessing thats where the profit is these days.

an old bandmate had the XXL and it was AMAZING. hadn't seen one until a few weeks back at GC and was so tempted to get it, but no where to put it and the wife wouldn't be super happy about another purchase.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
an old bandmate had the XXL and it was AMAZING. hadn't seen one until a few weeks back at GC and was so tempted to get it, but no where to put it and the wife wouldn't be super happy about another purchase.

I had the Supreme XL and it was great. Sadly, had to sell it when I switched over to bass because the bass cab I got was 4 ohms and the XL can only handle a 16 or 8 ohm load. Otherwise, I would have very likely kept it.

p4vl

Reaction score
Throw a dart out of your window and you're likely to hit a used Peavey head of some kind.

')