Peavey introduces Triple XXX II

• Thread starter RazerX666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RazerX666

Reaction score
I don't know if this has already been posted but...

From Peavey website

Peavey Premieres Triple XXX II Guitar Amplifier

January 13, 2011

Jan. 13, 2011, ANAHEIM, Calif. (NAMM exhibit #5740, Hall B)—Peavey® proudly announces the new Triple XXX® II three-channel, 120-watt guitar amplifier.

The Triple XXX II delivers tones ranging from the Peavey Classic® 50 to vintage British to the modern Triple XXX and all tones in between. The versatile and comprehensive control section supplies a master volume pot and independent volume knobs for each of the three channels (Clean, Rhythm and Lead). Tone shaping is accomplished through passive controls for Bass, Mid and Treble on the Clean channel, while the Rhythm and Lead channels utilize active Low, Mid and High controls.

The pristine Triple XXX II Clean channel is the perfect foundation for layering outboard effects. The high-gain Rhythm and Lead channels both include a Noise Gate and exclusive FAT switches that add extra heft, while the master section features our patented tone-sculpting tools, Resonance and Presence, which adjust upper- and lower-end response and damping factor. To top it off, the power amp can use EL34 or 6L6GC output tubes, further expanding the tonal options.

Features:

• 120 watts into 16, 8, or 4 ohms (switchable)

• Four 12AX7 preamp tubes

• Four EL34 power amp tubes

• Power amp switchable to use EL34s or 6L6GSs

• Patented Resonance and Presence controls

• Three footswitchable channels

• Clean channel: volume, bass, mid and treble EQ

• Rhythm channel: gain, volume, bass, mid, treble and FAT switch

• Lead channel: gain, volume, bass, mid, treble and FAT switch

• Fully adjustable Noise Gate control on the Rhythm and Lead channels

• Master volume

• Footswitchable effects loop with send and return controls

• Line out with level control

• Footswitch included

• $1399.99 MSRP

peavey_xxxMk2.jpg

attachment.php

I see a lot of people on other forums are saying it's just a JSX with a different name.

Thoughts.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
It does sound an awful lot like a JSX from the description, but considering how much I love mine I can't say that that means it's a bad thing.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
I always loved the original XXX and have wanted one since they first came out and news of a re-launch is like the best news ever to me.

DO WANT!

beneharris

Reaction score
isn't 1400 dollars kind of a lot for these? :scratch: seems a bit high to me, but who knows

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Sweet! Presence / Resonance controls are the only thing the original was missing, IMO.

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
JSX_angle_00575450_wpath-2cfff9495b65fd6f37280d14ec94110a.jpg

attachment.php

I'm sure it'll sound badass, but seriously? It's the same fucking amp. Couldn't they be a LITTLE bit original on this one? Just a little bit?

EDIT:

I just want to mention that the JSX is one of my favorite tube amps. Ultra channel, with a boost is one of the most crushing tones I've ever heard.

Pewtershmit

Reaction score
It is the rebadged JSX. Totally weird they would call it the XXX II, as they changed the name of the Original XXX to the 3120 in order to shed the cheese of the original scheme/name.

Reaction score
Everyone says the same thing..the name is stupid. It's just a re-issued JSX, as the Peavey reps say, HOWEVER there are apparently some preamp mods to make the amp cut through better. Supposedly some complained about the original JSX not cutting through, which is interesting as I've never had that problem. I'd be interested in hearing the difference between this and the first JSX. Why they didn't just name it the 3120+ I'll never know.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
It probably is the JSX now that Satriani is now with Marshall. Just like when EVH left they re-branded the 5150 to the 6505, now that Satch is no longer a sponsor, they're taking his sig off the product and 're-introducing' it.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
It's nothing more than a repackaged JSX. Peavey had the entire JSX line on clearance once Satch switched back to Marshall. They were selling the entire JSX half stack for $1100 or $1200.

Peavey wasn't even creative with the new design. At first, I thought this was a joke about another Bugera JSX clone.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I look forward to trying it out!

Both the XXX and the JSX are awesome amps, can't speak for the 3120 as I've never tried it.

groph

Reaction score
vanhalenlogo.jpg

Look at the grille, now this. Now back at the grille.

Just sayin. I think it looks pretty fly, myself. Sort of cheesy, but better than the mudflap girls.

slapnutz

Reaction score
It probably is the JSX now that Satriani is now with Marshall. Just like when EVH left they re-branded the 5150 to the 6505, now that Satch is no longer a sponsor, they're taking his sig off the product and 're-introducing' it.

I'm suspecting this also. Probably 95% JSX with the odd revision/tweak.

OwainXerath

Player of Notes
Reaction score
I'm not sure why there's any negative comments here as I'm willing to bet no one's tried one.

If it sounds half as good as the XXX or JSX then I'd look forward to trying it out and maybe looking to get one. As a JSX user I can't see them making a JSX but worse!!! If you buy Peavey you know you're getting quality!

smucarolina

King of the Chatroom
Reaction score
I don't care how good it sounds...I can't play an amp that I do not find pleasing to look at. Call me shallow.

tacotiklah

I am Denko (´・ω・`)
Reaction score
I don't care how good it sounds...I can't play an amp that I do not find pleasing to look at. Call me shallow.

SHALLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:wub:

I was just coming on here to post this and saw it already. I have to say, I kinda like the mudflap girl scheme they had for the original XXX. I really wanted to buy one for the longest time. I'm hoping to hear some clips of this new one though. The bars are kinda fugly to me too, but frankly I care more about how an amp sounds than how it looks. Having said that, I think that this amp could use a better face plate and the LED lights like the Ultra series had.

GuitaristOfHell

The Optimist Prime.
Reaction score
I'm not too picky with looks, it may not look the greatest but if it sounds good why care? As long as you like the sound it produces isn't that all that really matters?

')