Peavey Invective Megathread Misha Mansoor Signature Amp

• Thread starter Takk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
That's pretty awesome. Pointless, but awesome.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cheap

.....ite
Reaction score
saw them in chicago the other night and the guitar sound was just stupid good. i've seen a few shows where their guitar tone has really not impressed (most likely the venue/energy levels/whatever), but this really blew me away

not sure if it has anything to do with these amps though--didn't see channels change for the whole show so i'm assuming the axe fx is going to remain the brain with these acting as power amps for misha and jake? it'd be cool to see a switch over to these combined with the effects from the fractal, but i know i'd be hesitant to change my sound if it's already that great haha

7 Stringer

Reaction score
Will these be available in white?

That would be so cool. I'd buy a full stack in white, sexy as hell!!!!!

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Four cabs four one guitar.

clearly you've never seen necrophagist live. 4 4x12 cabs in a tiny ass venue. It's like being hit in the chest with a sledgehammer over and over again. 4 full stacks gives a ridiculously huge sound if the sound guys aren't garbage.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
clearly you've never seen necrophagist live. 4 4x12 cabs in a tiny ass venue. It's like being hit in the chest with a sledgehammer over and over again. 4 full stacks gives a ridiculously huge sound if the sound guys aren't garbage.

A 1x12 will give a ridiculously huge sound if the sound guys aren't garbage, lol. A modeler DI'd to the FOH will give a huge sound if the sound guys aren't garbage.

bhakan

Reaction score
A 1x12 will give a ridiculously huge sound if the sound guys aren't garbage, lol. A modeler DI'd to the FOH will give a huge sound if the sound guys aren't garbage.
If you're in a smaller venue, or close enough to the stage to hear the stage volume, I don't think it's comparable. A Mic'd cab through a PA or a modeller emulating that isn't quite the same as being smacked in the chest by a wall of huge guitar cabs.

Soya

Poor person
Reaction score
As someone who has seen Yngwie Malmsteen perform in a smaller venue, I wholeheartedly agree.

Black_Sheep

Reaction score
Im eagerly waiting to order this amp from Thomann (i guess they're gonna have it since they have everything else by Peavey), but they don't even have a pre-order option yet. :(

Also, damn that white one looks great, would definetly choose it over "standard" black.

whosdealin

Reaction score
I had a dream last night I thought I would share , it went down like this :

Somehow I find myself in the building where Misha Mansoor's rehearsal studio is and come upon his room. The door happens to be partially open and I decide to walk in uninvited.

Inside the room I notice it could double as a messy dorm room because along with all the gear you would expect in a rehearsal space there are a couple beds and laundry scatterd all over the place. Kinda strange but since it was a dream I continue on . There happens to be nobody "home" I'm wondering if Misha stepped out for a minute and notice that the Invective 120 is sitting on a cab and is plugged in and on standby. There are a couple of Misha's Jackson guitars out so I decide to help myself to one of them because I'm really excited to try the amp.

Now the whole time I remember thinking to myself ( This guy Misha seems super cool and friendly in videos so he probably won't mind Im just helping myself to his stuff :lol:. ) So anyway I plug one of his guitars in and start rockin the Invective. It's sounding sick but the volume is only up a little bit, I'm walking towards the amps to crank it and the man himself walks in.

I must have caught him off guard because he is looking at me like "who the fak are you" so Im telling him "Hey I'm a member from Sevenstring and just wanted to stop by and see if you were around" He looks confused and kinda pissed at this point and is staring at his Jackson hanging on my body. So he walks over and politely takes his guitar back and inspects it for damage. He puts the guitar down and I start blabbering to him about how I love my 6505+ and have been really excited about the Invective when my alarm goes off ....Time for work mofo's !

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
10 minutes til Bulb comes on and says "There was some git in my practice room last night playing on my Jackson. AND Matt had been sleeping in there on a pile of dirty v-necks again."

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Damn you guys are thirsty.

Latest posts

')