Peavey Invective Megathread Misha Mansoor Signature Amp

• Thread starter Takk
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MattThePenguin

Reaction score
Getting clean channel to be even cleaner and sweeter, getting the amp's noise floor even lower without affecting tone, final noise gate tweaks.

Glad the clean channel is being taken so seriously. I'm really interested in this head.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Hey Misha, already have ordered the head and 2x12 cab here in NZ, just one final question.

What's the XLR Cab emulation DI based on? Sweetwater describes the controls for level, tone, and ground lift were voiced in collaboration with Joe Satriani.

Curious to know if you had any input on that also. Would I be safe to assume it's meant to match the 2x12 cab?

bulb

Reaction score
Hey Misha, already have ordered the head and 2x12 cab here in NZ, just one final question.

What's the XLR Cab emulation DI based on? Sweetwater describes the controls for level, tone, and ground lift were voiced in collaboration with Joe Satriani.

Curious to know if you had any input on that also. Would I be safe to assume it's meant to match the 2x12 cab?

It's just Peavey's standard MSDI with a tone sweep. I probably won't be using it, it doesn't sound bad, but it's really designed to be used as a live situation alternative to micing, especially if you don't have your own FOH who knows how to mic your setup properly.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Sweet that's exactly what I'm after, and how I was using the Laney Ironheart XLR out as a secondary option for sound guys.

Nice option to have either way, cheers!

katsumura78

Reaction score
The more videos you do of this amp the harder it gets to stop myself from preordering hahah it sounds killer.

Stooly

Reaction score
Now that I moved my Uberschall, I think I'm going to give it a shot and preorder one.

Semi-pro

Reaction score
The MIDI and gate make it so tempting to switch from my EVH 5150 100w to this...

Stooly

Reaction score
The MIDI and gate make it so tempting to switch from my EVH 5150 100w to this...

Yep, I'm in the same boat. I have a 100w EVH Stealth that I love but I may want to pick up the Invective for a simplified setup with my other project. Always nice having a couple of options to amp mix when tracking too :hbang:

lewis

Reaction score
Yep, I'm in the same boat. I have a 100w EVH Stealth that I love but I may want to pick up the Invective for a simplified setup with my other project. Always nice having a couple of options to amp mix when tracking too :hbang:

just do not give up that Stealth haha. Those things are badassss

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
just do not give up that Stealth haha. Those things are badassss

Tone-wise theyre awesome. But they don't have the features of the Invective.

Although if they ever made a 5150S (not a mini) with MIDI and a built-in noise gate, that WILL be the king of amps.

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
on the cabinet, is it truly 16.5" deep? because that's f-in awesome, or impractical idk which yet, but i'm leaning towards awesome sauce all over your face,

let me know?

please?

i promise not to awesome sauce you... maybe?

i'm serious sweetwater has the cabinet with a depth of 16.5" is there any truth to this??

if not what is the depth of the cabinet, that depth is exciting for me, idk why, i like it deep i guess?

most 2x12 cabinets don't surpass 14.5 or 15" just saying

Stooly

Reaction score
i'm serious sweetwater has the cabinet with a depth of 16.5" is there any truth to this??

if not what is the depth of the cabinet, that depth is exciting for me, idk why, i like it deep i guess?

most 2x12 cabinets don't surpass 14.5 or 15" just saying

I saw that too. It's basically the same dims as my Genz Benz G-flex cab, but 2 1/2" deeper and 4# lighter! If those specs are correct anyway... it's loaded with the same speakers I have in one of my Mesa cabs (tank) V-30 and 75 Creamback, that combo is a killer blend!

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
I made the mistake of buying an amp with "tons of features" once before .... a bunch of extra money for stuff I never, ever used, or eventually ditched for outboard stuff anyway

buy on tone, and tone only

this amp sounds like a boosted 5150 (aka good) but odds are you don't need the extra .... or you could add it to your existing setup for less money than you'd lose selling your existing gear and replacing it with a brand new amp

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
I made the mistake of buying an amp with "tons of features" once before .... a bunch of extra money for stuff I never, ever used, or eventually ditched for outboard stuff anyway

this amp sounds like a boosted 5150 (aka good) but odds are you don't need the extra .... or you could add it to your existing setup for less money than you'd lose selling your existing gear and replacing it with a brand new amp

yes i agree, it's like buying a ferrari to do deliveries for pizza hut,

cool features, but really i know i'll never need them, and frankly i don't really like the built in crap, like a built in booster, or gate, it is sooooo f-in rare that those features are better than add ons ya know?

but seriously what's the depth of the damn cabinet

Unleash The Fury

Reaction score

Well we will see in due time. If the gate and OD are great then thats a no-brainer. And everything is footswitchable, and if you really really needed to have a pedal out in front, you can plug it into the back of the damn amp!

This amp is like a dog that all it wants to do is please its master, and you wont even give it the time of day! :lol:

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
So....I'm a living room warrior. I have a 20 watt Engl Ironball that is super nice, but seems to lack the bottom end I want. Been thinking about going to a 6L6 based amp because their common denominator seems to be a nice, full rounded low end.

There are no low wattage amps based on 6l6 tubes, so the master is going to be really important so that I don't bleed from my ears. Will the master be okay to obtain a lower volume, or will I need something like a Rockcrusher to prevent a Marty McFly moment?

PrestoDone

Cork Sniffer
Reaction score
So....I'm a living room warrior. I have a 20 watt Engl Ironball that is super nice, but seems to lack the bottom end I want. Been thinking about going to a 6L6 based amp because their common denominator seems to be a nice, full rounded low end.

There are no low wattage amps based on 6l6 tubes, so the master is going to be really important so that I don't bleed from my ears. Will the master be okay to obtain a lower volume, or will I need something like a Rockcrusher to prevent a Marty McFly moment?

You will def get a good tone at bedroom level....of course turning it up loud is a game changer. It also has a switch on the back to go down to 60 watts...

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

On the inverse... What if someone NEEDS an all-in-one solution? A nice clean channel, 2 OD channels with boosts and gates that are only active on the dirt channels. MIDI to switch channels and effects at the same time to have a chorus/delay/reverb on your clean or leads, and a dry rhythm sound?

If you just need a 5150, then just buy a 5150. If you need a 5150 for all the extra bells and whistles to make your live show a breeze and without a ....ton of outboard gear, then get this. :lol:

')