Peavey or Bugera?

• Thread starter mika ale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
just look at this way:

Peavey - have been making amps used by A-class bands for years, and have been tried and tested in every live and studio situation...

Bugera - made by Behringer...

the winner is pretty clear :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
The Bugeras don't sound that bad, but yeah, they're basically copies of Peaveys with "more affordable" components inside.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
The Bugeras don't sound that bad, but yeah, they're basically copies of Peaveys with "more affordable" components inside.

the components are so affordable that the broken amps do not even get repaired, they get replaced if the reason is anything non-tube-related.

i would really like to hear the true numbers of broken Bugeras up to date - i know some guys on a german board with Bugeras, and many of them have troubles, one of them returned TWICE already within less than a year (2 different amps, becasue it was a replacement).

but i wouldnt trust a company which is just a letter-box-company on the virgin islands so they can copy the shit out of everything anyway.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I'm looking for versatile tones to have a wide range on sounds

basically, get a Peavey XXX Head and 4x12. it may be a little bit more expensive but it's worth every penny in my opinion. Jeff Loomis used one for years!

for versatility though, in the price range it can only be beaten (debateably) by the JSX. I prefer the XXX for crunch but the JSX for cleans.

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
the components are so affordable that the broken amps do not even get repaired, they get replaced if the reason is anything non-tube-related.

i would really like to hear the true numbers of broken Bugeras up to date - i know some guys on a german board with Bugeras, and many of them have troubles, one of them returned TWICE already within less than a year (2 different amps, becasue it was a replacement).

but i wouldnt trust a company which is just a letter-box-company on the virgin islands so they can copy the shit out of everything anyway.

That's the reason why I denied an offer to trade an XL333 for my 5150. I'd LOVE a JSX, but I'd rather stick with Peavey quality.

mika ale

Reaction score
i'd like to buy a XXX, if i could find a one in france... :( that's the same with many amps or guitars and as i can't find serious muscians, i have to play bass too, so i can't afford a too much expensive amp :(

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
i'd like to buy a XXX, if i could find a one in france... :( that's the same with many amps or guitars

try to search maybe on some german boards or german ebay for example, they go for pretty cheap sometimes, and many are willng to ship within the EU!

Metal_Late

Reaction score
HTML:
I´ve read that they are only made in same factory, not by Behringer...

Bugera and Behringer are separately companies.

Reaction score
HTML:
I´ve read that they are only made in same factory, not by Behringer...

Bugera and Behringer are separately companies.

Yeah...the difference seems to be that you can actually get good Behingers. Bugera on the other hand....

And for the record I cannot understand for the fucking LIFE of me why someone would buy one of these. I don't believe in throwing money away so it'd make more sense to me to buy the more durable and the ORIGINAL version instead of knock off kiddie budget bargain basement amps. For a few hundred bucks more you could buy the real thing..it MAKES NO SENSE. This is clearly for the "instant gratification, I only have 100 bucks but I want a recto I don't have time to wait" crowd

')